Product Owner - Service Experience
At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
Embedded within the Educator Squad, the Product Owner owns the product backlog for the Educator Employment Experience.
As a full-time member of the squad who participates in their daily ceremonies, the Product Owner encapsulates the vision for these products in the form of epics and user stories, ensures that their squad-mates understand the business context behind the work, and validates that the specified conditions have been met in the team’s delivered work product — either by coordinating acceptance testing by a user community or by performing that testing themselves.
As we work to build out a dedicated team to support this work, we are hiring a Product Owner to drive the vision for Educator Experience, and ensure that the team’s work is aligned with our corporate strategy.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Plan and prioritize product backlog in line with strategic goals
- Develop detailed product specifications in the form of jira epics, stories, and acceptance criteria, and ensure they’re clearly understood by the engineering squad
- Actively mitigate roadblocks impacting successful team completion of work
- Partner with Educator Product leadership in surfacing ideas that may roll up into the broader strategic roadmap.
- Serve as the product ambassador internally and externally, sharing knowledge and answering questions related to the educator products
- Facilitate team ceremonies such as backlog grooming etc.
- Assist with the writing of technical specs and standard operating procedures.
- Attend weekly bug calls, with an eye towards root causes and for looking for patterns indicative of a deeper issue.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 5+ years’ experience in project management, operations or business analysis.
- 1-3 years experience directly managing products or in supporting Product Management role.
- Seasoned servant leader who knows how to be a team player
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple products and/or projects in an ever changing environment.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Jira/Atlassian products.
- Demonstrated experience managing roadmaps, understanding of roadmap cycle.
- Experience in identifying, analyzing and solving ambiguous problems.
- Ability to anticipate, surface and mitigate downstream impact to technical and workflow processes resulting from planned system changes.
- Experience in breaking down complex tech requirements into tickets for iterative delivery.
- Experience with Salesforce development
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- PO or Scrum Master certification
- Experience with system integrations
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($90,000 - $100,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
Something looks off?