At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
The Licensure/Credential Specialist will be expected to complete a variety of responsibilities to support the Professional Licensure team. The position is responsible for researching, and maintaining an understanding of programmatic details for programs that lead to professional licensure/credential. The Licensure/Credential Specialist will help guide internal teams and University partners in understanding state-specific requirements across a national landscape; specifically related to what students may face in obtaining licensure/credential in their chosen field of study. Other responsibilities will involve coordinating projects and internal logistics around ongoing initiatives. This individual must have excellent written and oral communication skills, great attention to detail, an impeccable work ethic, a solution-oriented attitude, the ability to multitask and work across multiple teams, and proficiency in Google Workspace (e.g. Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, etc.) and Microsoft Office.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Completing the research, data collection, as necessary, for programs that lead to professional licensure/credential
- Finding, interpreting, clearly communicating, and staying abreast of federal and state regulations relevant to various industries
- Building and maintaining varying styles of documentation to be shared with internal teams and help influence complex decision-making processes
- Reviewing documents associated with the federal licensure disclosure process to ensure consistency, accuracy, and completeness
- Assisting with building resources to enhance operations within and outside of the Compliance Department
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal stakeholders, University partners, state boards, and agencies related to licensure
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in data collection and/or research
- Familiarity with federal and state regulations a plus
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have excellent communication skills—verbal, written
- You’re detail-oriented
- You’re focused on achieving defined results, and exceeding goals and objectives
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team
- You are not scared of change, and you’re able to constantly adapt and evolve with our organization
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- You’re able to multitask, switch priorities, and be flexible
- You are comfortable working independently but also jump at the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues
- You have the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- You know how to research, understand, and explain technical documents
- You possess strong knowledge of web applications, Microsoft software, and Google Workspace
We are looking to hire someone who is available to come into our Headquarters in Lanham, MD two days a week for a hybrid work environment.
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($50,000 - $55,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
Something looks off?