Email Marketing Analyst
At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
The Email Analyst drives business value through ongoing, portfolio-wide email channel optimization via data analysis, executive reporting, and ownership of email data visualizations. Leveraging multiple sources of data, you will help to inform email marketing strategy that spans across business, departments and product lines. As an Insights Analyst, you will collaborate with stakeholders to help innovate the email channel, explore new ways to further optimize the marketing funnel, and find operating efficiencies. Success in this role will require strong analytical skills, a consistent focus on and hunger for driving results, strategic thinking, and an ability to effectively partner with other parts of the organization.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Drive email strategy and optimization through consistent and ongoing data analysis and interpretation of both automated and ad hoc emails. Collaborate to establish and maintain frameworks to report on and monitor portfolio-wide email performance and the value of the email channel.
- Support a portfolio of university partners and programs by analyzing and reporting on emails. Build and iterate on email data views using Tableau. Assist with servicing the reporting needs of executive leadership and various stakeholder teams. Build internal email analytics competency by assisting with training the email teams to interpret data and optimize campaigns.
- Support email team’s various operational data needs, including developing data views to understand and optimize team capacity and workload allocation.
- Serve as a champion of email testing and innovation. Partner with strategy stakeholders to implement email experimentation strategies. Recommend improvements to email campaigns with the goal to drive performance of our programs’ funnels.
- Support in managing tech and data engineering stakeholder relationships, harness the power of Salesforce products and its connectivity capabilities with other systems.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics (experience with email data is a plus)
- 1+ years of experience with Tableau, including designing and building executive dashboards. Strong analytical and data visualization skills, including working knowledge of Tableau and other BI tools
- Experience driving marketing automation strategy with focus on measurement, optimization, and analysis
- Strategic mindset and highly analytical thinker with sound business judgment
- Strong project and relationship management skills
- Working knowledge of SQL, Python, and other programming languages / analytical tools is a plus
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Experience working with other Salesforce products is a plus
- Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget); understanding of platform configuration and cross-system integration - preferred
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, ZA benefits include:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery Health Medical Scheme
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organization, study leave, sports leave and a company-wide festive season break
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
2U is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. 2U requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
Something looks off?