Sr Account Executive
At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
The Senior Sales Account Executive is responsible for owning all aspects of the sales cycle including prospecting new organizations, completing needs analyses and proposing suitable solutions. They are required to implement a balanced approach of new business development and account management activities that involves a high outreach strategy, establishing great relationships, and implementing account specific strategies that meet the needs of their prospective client.
This responsibility includes:
- Delivering annual booked revenue based on an allocated quarterly revenue target.
- Deal size guidance $150K - $350K
- Transactional sales: 40%
- Contracts/Forward commitments: 60%
- Deal size guidance
- Deal size guidance $150K - $350K
- Managing, nurturing and developing 20 to 40 corporate accounts with a focus on driving recurring/year on year revenue growth
- Predominant focus on driving 12 to 24 month contracts
- Building out a robust pipeline to grow revenue across multiple product lines
- Predominant focus on selling to large enterprises
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Achieve an annual sales quota of $1.5M
- Achieve deal sizes of between $150,000 and $350,000
- Implementing account specific strategies, achieving a balance of 40% transactional sales and 60% contract/forward commitment sales to help drive opportunity for recurring revenue
- Developing a client base of 20 to 40 corporate accounts through a customer contact strategy that includes regular face to face interaction, creating multiple contact points;
- Maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities by continuously researching and prospecting new business opportunities through cold calling, and alternative reach out methods;
- Developing, owning and implementing a quarterly ‘route to target’ sales approach by leveraging internal sales data and industry insights;
- Independently completing regular needs analyses, formulating proposals, detailing costing, and negotiating payment terms with organizations.
- Act as both product and process specialist.
- Continually share market insights to support product development.
- Participate in select strategy meetings to help shape offerings and the direction of the sales team
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 3 - 4 Years Marketing or Sales related qualification
- 5+ Years business development or account management experience in a B2B environment - preferably SAAS technologies; IT; or online education
- Experience dealing with, and successfully, influencing high level/C-suite executives
- Ability to multitask, manage projects and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, negotiation skills and creativity
- New business development experience
- Account Management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic data analysis skills
- Willingness to travel internationally & domestically
- Drivers license
While this position is open to remote candidates across the U.S., we will prioritize those who live in the Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area and who are available to come into our Headquarters in Lanham, MD two days a week.
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($90,000-$110,000), with commission. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
Something looks off?