Senior Software Engineer (Backend) - Remote
ABOUT THIS POSITION
As a Senior Software Engineer at Aceable, you will play a key role in crafting and evolving scalable API solutions that meet the needs of our students and organization. Your contributions will involve partnering with a multidisciplinary team to bring a unique perspective to problem-solving and product development. We encourage candidates who are committed to fostering an environment of collaboration, inclusiveness, and innovation to apply.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner with developers, product managers, and stakeholders to develop and refine data structures and technical solutions.
- Create high-quality code with an emphasis on performance, scalability, and security
- Serve as a mentor and advocate for technical excellence, encouraging a culture of learning and growth
- Facilitate technical and strategic discussions that welcome diverse perspectives, foster a sense of community, and contribute to the expansion of our technological landscape and product offering
- Ensure cohesive and accessible experiences across platforms, valuing user-centered design and accessibility
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 7+ years of professional coding experience
- Strong understanding of API design and interaction with systems and databases
- Proficiency in NodeJS and building scalable NodeJS APIs
- Experience with database management and data modeling
- Collaborative, team-first mindset
- Experience providing feedback and being an active scrum team member
- Familiarity with scrum and agile methodologies
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines such as GitHub Actions, Heroku, or AWS
- Knowledge of MongoDB and Express frameworks
- Proficiency in constructing complex MongoDB queries
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools
Aceable is a mobile education platform designed to create affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, our team is obsessed with helping people reach their life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching our first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and most recently entered into healthcare education. Aceable serves hundreds of thousands of students per month, but we need your help to tackle our vision of serving millions of students per month!
Aceable has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE ENGINEERING TEAM
The Aceable Engineering Team cares heavily about the welfare of our peers, the quality of our product, and our student’s experience. We come from a variety of backgrounds, thrive on collaboration and respect, and work with each other daily to do our best work. We ask the same of any new hire and are excited to see what creative ideas, viewpoints, and processes each new engineer brings to the team.
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2022
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus/stock options, if applicable)
- 401k match
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off programs + 19 paid holidays per year
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness programs
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown Austin building with free parking
- Weekly lunch, a fully stocked fridge, and plentiful snacks
- Company events and activities (holiday events, happy hours, volunteering)
- #PursueGrowth Reimbursement ($500 per year for full-time employees)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- Passionate teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- NOTE: Our team is currently working in a hybrid work environment with flexibility to work in office or remote based on role/department
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status. Even if you don't think you meet every qualification listed, we'd love to review your application!
Aceable is able to hire in the following states: California, Colorado, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Washington.