Food Service Worker
Are you a socially conscious, dedicated individual who is committed to building a better future for children, families, and their communities? If so, join us as we support early childhood education programs across the country to create positive outcomes for the children and families served.
Working as an Food Service Worker at Acelero Learning will give you the opportunity to assist in the implementation of food services in a Head Start/Early Head Start Program serving children ages 0-5. You will be responsible in preparing attractive, USDA-approved meals; keeping the kitchen clean and sanitary according to Health Department ordinances; and maintaining adequate food stocks, kitchen supplies, and food service records.
Are you ready to join forces and make a difference?
• Assist in preparation of the assigned menu
• Assist in delivery of food to classrooms and of dirty dishes from the classroom
• Use sanitary washing procedure to clean dishes and cooking equipment
• Check food deliveries for accuracy and for good quality
• Store food and supplies properly. Date all canned, boxed and bagged foods. Use the FIFO method of inventory
• Monitor and maintain proper food temperatures
• Monitor and maintain proper temperatures of all refrigerator and freezers
• Maintain appropriate cleanliness of all kitchen materials and supplies as required
• A High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• ServSafe certification preferred
• Physical exam and background checks are required for this position
Why Acelero Learning or Shine Early Learning?
- Ability to make an impact in the lives of the children, families, and partners we serve
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Supportive working environment
- Average of 5 weeks of paid time off during 1st year of employment
- Comprehensive benefits, including 401K matching and 100% vesting program
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
Or feel free to contact email@example.com. Thank you for considering employment with us!