Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Age of Learning
IT, Quality Assurance
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Age of Learning® is the leading education technology innovator, creating engaging and effective learning resources to help children build a strong foundation for academic success and a lifelong love of learning. Our research-based digital education programs have proven efficacy in increasing children’s learning gains, and our curriculum is developed by an experienced team of education experts. Age of Learning’s flagship product, ABCmouse.com® Early Learning Academy, is an award-winning comprehensive curriculum for children. Adventure Academy™, a massively multiplayer online game (MMO), provides elementary-and middle-school-age learners the opportunity to build critical knowledge in language, arts, math, science, social studies, and more in a fun and safe virtual world. The company’s School Solutions Programs include My Math Academy® , an adaptive, personalized program that helps students master foundational math concepts, and My Reading Academy™, which helps young learners become fluent readers and build a foundation for reading comprehension and literacy. With over 10 billion learning activities completed by more than 50 million children worldwide, Age of Learning is a global leader in efforts to advance equity, access, and opportunity for all children. To learn more about Age of Learning, visit www.AgeofLearning.com.
We are seeking a Senior QA Analyst who is self-motivated and results-oriented with hands-on experience in testing and deploying high quality enterprise-level solutions in an Agile environment. A strong candidate will have excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, sound judgment, and a proven ability to perform in a matrixed organization.
- Work closely with your development team to build robust and stable customer and internal facing applications for a variety of platforms
- Test features, bug fixes, and changes across various device types and browsers
- Create detailed test cases and contribute to existing test plans
- Execute exploratory, integration, acceptance, and performance test suites
- Assist in investigating, debugging and reproducing user-reported defects
- Log and document test results, where appropriate, and work with your team to assist with troubleshooting, resolution, and validation
- Test analytics, including running pre-canned queries.
- Support release process and perform regression testing
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned
- Participate in team ceremonies and meetings, as required
- 4+ years’ experience in testing complex web applications
- Experience testing across various platforms, including Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows, and ChromeOS
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Ability to quickly find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Capable of swiftly transitioning between projects in a dynamic work environment
- Can execute test plans, scenarios, or procedures (independently or collaboratively)
- Can identify, communicate, document, and elevate issues in a clear & concise manner
- Have developed test cases for one or more websites and/or applications
- Experience working with test case management tools like, Zephyr/TestRail/ALM (we use TestRail)
- Experience working with project management tools like Jira/Trello/LeanKit (we use Jira)
- Experience working on web applications
- Familiarity working in a scrum/agile environment
- Passion for educational games
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL a plus
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% of employee health and welfare benefits premiums & 65% of dependent benefits premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days (increases to 20 days on your 3-year anniversary), 11 observed national paid holidays plus 9 sick days
• Our flexible work culture means 2 or more days in the office (hybrid) or 100% fully remote options available for most positions
We are aware that an unknown group is using our name to conduct employment scams. Emails coming from the domain “ageoflearningcareers.com” are not legitimate and do not represent Age of Learning, Inc. If you have any concerns about the validity of any communications regarding employment with Age of Learning, Inc., please contact us at HR@AofL.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Age of Learning, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Age of Learning, Inc. (the “Company”) will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to EEOC requirements and applicable state laws.