Montessori Toddler Guide (Teacher)
We are now hiring a Lead Toddler Teacher for our beautiful Guidepost Montessori school at Duluth
Get the opportunity to nurture Toddlers with an environment designed for their growth, exploration, and independence!
We're looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Lead Guide (Teacher) to support a mixed-age class of toddler age children in a Montessori environment.
In a Montessori community, guides (teachers) carefully prepare an environment that fosters independence and captivates a child’s interest. Guides provide personalized support to each child. They work with children individually and in small groups, demonstrating how to use the materials and perform activities with them, and giving precise language to understand their experiences.
Because of the carefully prepared environment and individualized support, children in a Montessori class have tremendous liberty to explore the environment and work on materials of their choice for as long as they want. Most importantly, the support and materials help every child develop skills, confidence, and a firm conviction that they are capable.
We’re looking for a Lead Guide who will bring their best in order to support every child in reaching their highest potential!
Guidepost Toddler Lead Guides:
- Observe each child closely to understand and meet their physical, intellectual, and emotional needs
- Prepare a beautiful, orderly environment that fosters trust, exploration, deep learning, and independence
- Cultivate independence and self-confidence by helping children ‘do it all by themselves’
- Provide lessons to encourage practical life skills, language, and grace and courtesy
- Form personal connections with each child and cultivate a community of respect
- Communicate and collaborate respectfully with parents to provide the best possible care for every child
The Montessori Prepared Environment
Every classroom at Guidepost comes equipped with the full range of high-quality Montessori materials for the infant/toddler curriculum, as well as a budget for guides to personalize their space. Each classroom is set up according to the Montessori principles of beauty and order and is designed to enable every child to explore, learn, and confidently achieve their independence.
A Guidepost Montessori toddler space features:
- Abundant open space to move and explore
- Child-sized furniture and objects to facilitate independence
- Curriculum for independence in: dressing themselves, feeding themselves, toilet learning etc.
- Scientifically designed learning materials to develop fine and gross motor skills and so much more
- Cozy rugs, real plants, and plenty of natural light
- Breakable objects made from natural materials like wood, metal, and glass rather than plastic
- Objects to climb, crawl over, and explore instead of baby-holding devices like walkers and highchairs
If you’re passionate about giving children the tools they need to succeed, eager to partner with parents on their child’s journey, and longing to join a collaborative community of peers, then the team at Guidepost Montessori would love to hear from you!
An ideal candidate has:
- Are interested in pursuing certified Montessori training through our Prepared Montessorian Institute (fully-sponsored) or have previously obtained a Montessori diploma
- Experience working with children ages 0-3 in a group setting such as daycare, aftercare, or nursery
- Familiarity with child-led philosophies such as Reggio Emilia or Montessori and/or open to learning more!
- [number] Early Childhood Education (ECE) or Child Development credits
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree (any subject)
What we offer:
- The opportunity to contribute to a high-quality Montessori program that serves the individual needs of each child
- Sponsored Montessori diploma and ongoing professional development through the Prepared Montessorian Institute
- 75% tuition discount for two children at any school in our network (we serve children from 3-months-old through 12th grade)
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who appreciate your valuable contributions and regularly share best practices
- Abundant career growth and promotion opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
Guidepost Montessori is a growing network of 120+ Montessori schools, serving children ages 0-12 in our Nido, Toddler, Children’s House, and Elementary programs. And with schools from Shanghai to Paris and California to New York, as well as virtual school and homeschooling support, there are countless opportunities for passionate educators to support children on their individual path to success.
At Guidepost, we believe children are capable and we design an education for independence. We’re on a mission to radically transform education based on this belief—for children, parents, and educators!
Our mission? Children who fully experience and joyfully achieve their own development; children who can reach their highest potential and flourish—in school and in life!
If you love children and have been looking for the right opportunity to grow, join our school community by applying below!
Higher Ground Education, Guidepost Montessori, and Academy of Thought and Industry are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our leadership is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy. When requested, we are committed to reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities or special needs that may require an accommodation.