After School Program Manager
After School Program Manager
Overview of Role
As an After School Program Manager, you will lead the introduction and implementation of new curriculum to our current extended day (after school) programming while you continue to work directly with children and fulfill your responsibilities as an Assistant Teacher. You will have the opportunity to oversee and execute all program logistics, ranging from the scheduling of different activities, supervision of staff involvement, curriculum practices, procurement of materials, and ensuring the ultimate success of the afternoon.
The After School Program Manager should be an extremely organized and responsible individual. This individual will not only lead the lesson plans but provide guidance to the children and other extended day staff. Please note that during the extended day program, you will be working “in ratio” leading and personally executing the program.
The After School Program Manager will report to the Head of School and will work on a consistent basis to improve and enhance our extended care program.
The Prepared Montessorian provides a training to be completed in preparation for the role. We have developed a framework of enrichment activities and curriculum to be incorporated into extended day scheduling in our Toddler and Children’s House classrooms! The curriculum includes beautiful albums of age-appropriate culinary arts, purposeful movement for outdoors and indoors, and exploration of different art forms to engage children in creative learning. We are now offering an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Guide to lead the program in our Aldie classrooms!
The After School Program Manager will contribute an average of 5 hours per week during the work day for preparation on top of normal job responsibilities. Active participation during extended care is very important and the ED Coordinator will oversee the day to day operations until half an hour prior to closing. Please consider your schedule and the required time commitment carefully prior to applying for this position.
The After School Program Manager will earn a stipend for taking on the additional responsibilities and ownership. Please note that this position will not require any extra time commitment outside of the 40-hour work week that full time Assistant Guides work.
- Responsibilities of an Assistant Guide
- Participate in training sessions with Prepared Montessorian
- Implement new curriculums across multiple classrooms and guide extended day staff in the execution of lesson plans and activities
- Organize, schedule, and lead activities and staff during extended care
- Prepare and procure required materials for lesson plans
- Introduce new lesson plans to children
- Create weekly newsletter to share planned activities with families
- Ensure the overall success of extended day programming and create a sense of community!
- Be a supportive and positive leader!
- An Assistant Guide who is passionate about the Prepared Montessorian approach and creative learning with some experience working in classrooms
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and responsible individual
- A natural leader who loves to guide and to be guided!
Higher Ground Education, Guidepost Montessori, and Academy of Thought and Industry are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our leadership is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy. When requested, we are committed to reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities or special needs that may require an accommodation.