Head of School (Director)
We're hiring an experienced leader to join our founding team as Head of School (Director) as we bring a new school to the Lenexa, Kansas area this Spring 2024!
The Head of School Position
We are looking for a leader who shares our passion for the Montessori method and has the talent and perseverance required to quickly grow enrollment, attract and retain great staff, build a strong parent community, and ensure the educational experience for each child in every classroom is of the highest standard. As the Head of School, you'll be responsible for providing leadership to the entire campus team.
We'd love to talk to you if you:
- Meet the Director requirements for an early childhood education center in Kansas.
- 5+ years professional experience with demonstrated success delivering both customer growth and operational improvement (inside or outside of education)
- Knack for developing talent and motivating teams, ideally with 3+ years of management experience
- Drive to roll-up sleeves and build something special, including a propensity to build community, improve quality, and make big things happen
- Distinctive communication and writing skills, incl. attention to detail and ability to write persuasively, synthesize information, communicate with empathy, and diffuse tense situations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, incl. ability to assess a situation by gathering facts and evaluating data (e.g., financial literacy, comfort with basic Excel)
- Experience managing a P&L or budget
- A passion for education
We'd really love to talk to you if you:
- Experience in early childhood leadership education as an Admissions, Administrative, Program or School Director
- Familiarity with the Montessori method of education or a Montessori certification
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with a focus on results
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude for creating a warm and benevolent team culture
- Strong leadership and the ability to make the tough decisions with limited information
- A passion for getting education right through the Montessori pedagogy
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Paid time off days and paid holidays
- Access to the largest network on Montessori educators who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% tuition discount for two children at any school within our network (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- The opportunity to contribute to a high-quality educational program that serves the individual needs of each child
- Because we are a private, for-profit organization, this role does not require fundraising nor managing a Board of Directors!
Guidepost Montessori is a project of Higher Ground Education. You can learn more about our mission by visiting http://tohigherground.com/
Higher Ground Education, Guidepost Montessori, and Academy of Thought and Industry are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our leadership is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy. When requested, we are committed to reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities or special needs that may require an accommodation.