Head of School (Preschool Director)
We're hiring an experienced leader to join our founding team as Head of School (Director) as we open a new school in the Virginia Beach, VA area this Spring 2024!
Guidepost Montessori is a community of educators who are driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. We believe that the traditional method of education used in most schools is antiquated, outdated, and broken. To meet the needs of today's students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents. To that end, we are committed to dramatically increasing the amount of high-fidelity, authentic Montessori programs, not only in the U.S., but around the globe!
The Head of School Position
We are looking for a leader who shares our passion for the Montessori method and has the talent and perseverance required to quickly grow enrollment, attract and retain great staff, build a strong parent community, and ensure the educational experience for each child in every classroom is of the highest standard. As the Head of School, you'll be responsible for providing leadership to the entire campus team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a strategic plan for the campus
- Creating a strong culture that embodies the mission of our organization
- Building a strong community among staff, parents, and children
- Ensuring delivery of an exceptional program
- Ensuring overall profitability targets are met (including managing campus budget)
- Working with the Assistant Head of School to ensure enrollment targets are met
- Hiring, supporting, developing, and managing teaching staff
What we offer:
- Ongoing professional development
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 100% tuition discount for two children at any school within our network (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- The opportunity to contribute to a high-quality educational program that serves the individual needs of each child
- Because we are a private, for-profit organization, this role does not require fundraising nor managing a Board of Directors!
We'd love to talk with you if you possess:
- VA Director Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in a child-related field and one year of programmatic experience
- A Master's degree in a child-related field and 6 months of programmatic experience
- A certification of qualification from an internationally or nationally recognized Montessori organization and 2 years of programmatic experience
- through a combination of other specific education and programmatic requirements.
- Early childhood education leadership experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with a focus on results
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude for creating a warm and benevolent team culture
- Strong leadership and the ability to make the tough decisions with limited information
- A passion for getting education right through the Montessori pedagogy
We will prefer you over other candidates if you have:
- Experience teaching within an early childhood education setting
- Experience as an Admissions, Administrative, Program or School Director for a preschool
- Familiarity with the Montessori method of education or a Montessori certification
Guidepost Montessori is a project of Higher Ground Education. You can learn more about our mission by visiting http://tohigherground.com/
Higher Ground Education, Guidepost Montessori, and Academy of Thought and Industry are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our leadership is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy. When requested, we are committed to reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities or special needs that may require an accommodation.