Assistant Preschool Teacher
Are you passionate about helping children under the age of 6 years old? Have you been looking for a preschool where you can grow and develop your career? If so, join us in our mission to spread Montessori education to children around the world!
We are looking for enthusiastic and adaptable teachers who are interested in learning more about early childhood education as we work to bring a new Montessori school to the Bradley Hills (Bethesda), MD area!
In this Assistant Teacher role, you will support our Lead Teachers in guiding children to be more independent and confident in their abilities. This is a great opportunity to start your career in Montessori, and early childhood education more generally, as many of our Assistant Teachers ultimately grow to take on Lead Teacher roles over time, thanks to our MACTE-accredited Montessori training program.
This is a full-time position, 8 hour paid day, 40 hour work week, with a hourly range of $16 - $19/hr., depending on experience, and must be flexible to work between the hours of 7am - 6pm. Includes benefits, along with a generous 75% tuition discount for up to two children at our school.
We would love to talk to you if you:
- Experience working with children ages 0-6
- CDA or Associate's Degree with ECE coursework
- Maryland Credentials (45/90 hour course work)
- Are familiar with the development of young children
- Have strong interpersonal skills and a customer-service oriented mindset
- Are willing to grow and learn
- Have a valid negative TB test (in the last 12 months) or are willing to take prior to your state date
- Have a valid CPR certification or are willing to become certified prior to start date
- Competitive salaries
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- A generous 75% tuition discount for up to two children at any of our schools and programs
- An in- House accredited Montessori training program with flexible scheduling through the The Prepared Montessorian
Want to learn more about us?
We've now expanded to become an international network of Montessori schools, dedicated to fundamentally changing the face of education by growing the Montessori movement through spreading high-fidelity Montessori! Please visit our website at Guidepost Montessori.
If this sounds like you, complete the application below!
Higher Ground Education, Guidepost Montessori, and Academy of Thought and Industry are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our leadership is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy. When requested, we are committed to reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities or special needs that may require an accommodation.