We are now hiring a Lead Preschool Teacher to join our mission to dramatically increase the accessibility of authentic Montessori education in the Rockville, MD area!
Are you a passionate, Montessori-trained teacher? Do you want to be part of a team of people working to grow the Montessori movement? Join our team and lead your very own Children's House classroom! We are opening a brand new school near Rockville, MD and we are looking for Montessori trained teachers to join our founding team.
In this role, you'll create and lead a model classroom. Through your efforts, parents will see what's possible for their child when authentic, high-quality Montessori is alive and well in the prepared environment. You will be provided with a full set of high-quality materials from leading manufacturers, along with a classroom budget to make your classroom unique.
This is a full-time position, 8 hour paid day, 40-hour work week, with a salary range of $39,500 - $40,000, depending on experience, and must be flexible to work between the hours of 7am - 6pm.
Want to learn more about us?
At Guidepost Montessori, we are a team of educators, first and foremost. Even our founder and CEO is AMI trained, and started his career in the classroom! We've now expanded to become a network of Montessori schools, dedicated to fundamentally changing the face of education in the United States by growing the Montessori movement. From the top-down, we believe in what we do – and we want to invite you to join our community of educators, passionate about spreading high-fidelity Montessori!
We'd love to talk to you if you:
- Have received a Montessori Diploma/Certificate for the 3-63 age group?
- Have you obtained your 90 clock hours of approved pre-service training - 45 child growth and development & 45 Curriculum, and 9-Hour Communication Course?
- Obtained a Bachelor's Degree (Early Childhood Education preferred)
- Have experience with the appropriate age group
- Help a child by giving them the tools to be successful independently
- Are open to guiding your colleagues, and be guided by them in turn
- Are eager to partner with parents on their child's journey
- Are friendly with error
- Believe in the quote, "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
- Get energized and inspired by working with children!
If this sounds like you, complete the application below!
Higher Ground Education, Guidepost Montessori, and Academy of Thought and Industry are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our leadership is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy. When requested, we are committed to reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities or special needs that may require an accommodation.