Administrative School Assistant
Do you love working with children and their families? Do you want to grow your career in administration? If so, apply today to join our team!
We are hiring an Administrative Assistant to join our team as we grow our school in the San Rafael, CA area!
Guidepost Montessori is a community of educators who are driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. We believe that the traditional method of education used in most schools is antiquated, outdated, and broken. To meet the needs of today's students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents. To that end, we are committed to dramatically increasing the amount of high-fidelity, authentic Montessori programs, not only in the U.S., but around the globe!
The Administrative Assistant position is a full-time role. Your time will be spent supporting the front desk and daily school operations, which includes but is not limited to:
- Providing classroom support as needed
- Greeting and providing excellent customer service to our families and staff
- Answering the phone and questions about our school
- Scheduling and working with vendors and maintenance services
- Managing snack and supply inventories
- Creating welcome and tour packet
- Tour Confirmation Calls
- Maintaining student files
- Checking school attendance sheets
- Monthly Compliance Moxies
- Student medication management
- Campus Closing Tasks
- Have a Bachelor's Degree with at least 12 ECE credits
- Have loved your experiences working with children (inside the classroom or out -- as a tutor, camp counselor, coach, etc.)
- Have some previous customer service or administrative experience
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Are comfortable with technology and learn new systems quickly
- Are willing to float between the classrooms and help out as needed
- Collaborate well with others
- Take pride in your work
What We Offer
- Competitive hourly pay of $24 - $28 hourly, depending on experience
- Ongoing professional development
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 75% tuition discount for two children at any school in our network (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- The opportunity to contribute to a high-quality Montessori program that serves the individual needs of each child
Come join our mission and apply below!
Higher Ground Education, Guidepost Montessori, and Academy of Thought and Industry are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We will not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our leadership is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy. When requested, we are committed to reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities or special needs that may require an accommodation.