Student Services Lead
We're Apogee. Nice to meet you. At our core, we're an IT-services organization that happens to focus on higher education. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, game-playing, finals-taking, seminar-attending, class-selecting students by providing IT infrastructure that meets today's needs technology-savvy generation.
We work hard, celebrate success, and challenge everyone in our organization to be a problem solver. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and education, join us today.
This job is remote and open to anyone living in the United States.
This hourly rate for this position is $18/hour.
In the role of Student Services Lead, you are the first point of contact for our customers. They will seek your guidance on how to get connected to the Internet. You will solve customer problems related to Internet connectivity, mobile wireless, and cable.
- You take pride in providing truly exceptional customer service experiences.
- You have a positive mental attitude. Troubleshooting technical issues can be tough, and you know how to hang in there till you reach a resolution.
- You’re respectful and treat each customer you interact with empathy and want to help them solve their issue.
- You’ve developed strong communication skills that you use to build rapport and clearly communicate with your customer.
- Strong understanding and aptitude to troubleshoot Internet connectivity issues.
- Previous experience providing phone, chat, and email troubleshooting support.
- Do you know these things already: the difference between a modem and a router, how to turn on a wireless port on a laptop, and how to reset a password on most digital devices.
You must be available to work weekdays and weekends. We are a 24/7 operation. We bid on shifts.
- Previous experience in a customer support role
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
At Apogee, we believe education is a doorway to a fair and just society. Within our own walls, we stand committed to creating a healthy culture of diversity and inclusion, empowering one another as advocates for an inclusive workplace, and doing so transparently. Apogee employees founded three employee-led groups in 2020 including Diversity and Inclusion, Civic Awareness, and Apogee Veterans.
Diversity Commitment Statement
At Apogee, we believe education is a doorway to a fair and just society. Within our own walls, we stand committed to creating a healthy culture of diversity and inclusion, to empowering one another as advocates for an inclusive workplace, and to doing so transparently. Apogee employees founded three employee-led groups in 2020 including Diversity and Inclusion, Civic Awareness, and Apogee Veterans.