Claims Adjuster (Hybrid)
Position: Claims Adjuster
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Worksite Arrangement: Hybrid, 3 days in office 2 days WFH
Avenica is a career-launching platform that uses data science, behavioral psychology, and performance coaching to unleash human potential and launch careers. By getting to know candidates beyond a resume and uncovering individual potential, we jumpstart entry-level careers across the U.S. At Avenica, we put candidates first by advocating for them through the application and interview process. Learn more about Avenica and how we can support your job search at www.avenica.com.
Avenica is currently evaluating talent for a Claims Adjuster. The ideal candidate for this position has experience working in claims and would be responsible for analyzing, investigating, and determining how much compensation is needed for worker's compensation claims.
Responsibilities of the Claims Adjuster:
- Analyze first reports of injury to determine the nature of the injury and what benefits are owed based on the statute.
- Promptly contact insureds, injured workers, and medical providers.
- Maintain contact with insured, injured workers or their representatives workers, and providers for the duration of their claim and promptly update all parties as their claim develops.
- Promptly and properly develop the file to provide accurate and timely investigation and loss analysis.
- Strict adherence to jurisdiction rules regarding form notices to injured worker, insured, and state court
- Timely and appropriately calculated benefits paid per jurisdiction
- Maintain an active diary; monitor diary to achieve timely development of file and timely disposition of the claim;
- Recognize and pursue recovery where possible; adhere to all statutory regulations and unfair claim practices act
Requirements of the Claims Adjuster:
- Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the US; Avenica is unable to provide sponsorship at this time
- 3-5 years of Claims Adjuster experience, ideally with workers compensation in California
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge of insurance contracts, investigative techniques, legal requirements, and regulations. No licenses needed
- Ability to calculate statutory benefits owed and understand formulaic math
- Strong organizational skills to respond to inquiries from a variety of sources
Upon completing the application, you will be prompted to complete our HAALO assessment. HAALO is simply a way for us to understand your preferences, behaviors, and work styles. The assessment is the final step in our application process.
Avenica is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.