Auto Claims Adjuster (Hybrid)
Position: Claims Adjuster (Hybrid)
Location: Overland Park, KS
Worksite Arrangement: Fully in-office for training, Hybrid after training
Compensation: $33-$35/hr DOE
Avenica is a career-launching platform that uses data science, behavioral psychology, and performance coaching to unleash human potential and launch careers. By getting to know candidates beyond a resume and uncovering individual potential, we propel careers across the U.S. At Avenica, we put candidates first by advocating for them through the application and interview process. Learn more about Avenica and how we can support your job search at www.avenica.com.
Avenica is currently evaluating talent for an Auto Claims Adjuster. The ideal candidate for this position has experience working in claims and would be responsible for analyzing, investigating, and settling auto claims. No degree is required!
Responsibilities of the Claims Adjuster:
- Reviews claim and policy information to provide background for investigation and may determine the extent of the policy’s obligation to the insured depending on the line of business.
- Contacts, interviews and obtains statements (recorded or in person) from insureds, claimants, witnesses, physicians, attorneys, police officers, etc. to secure necessary claim information.
- Evaluates facts supplied by investigation to determine extent of liability of the insured, if any, and extend of the company’s obligation to the insured under the policy contract.
- Prepares reports on investigation, settlements, denials of claims, individual evaluation of involved parties etc.
- Reviews progress and status of claims with Team Leader and discusses problems and suggested remedial actions.
- Settles claims promptly and equitably.
- Obtains releases, proofs of loss or compensation agreements and issues company drafts in payments for claims.
Requirements of the Claims Adjuster:
- Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the US; Avenica is unable to provide sponsorship at this time
- 2+ years of Auto Claims handling experience required
- Obtaining licenses will be supported by the company!
- High School diploma or GED required
- Strong communication and analytical skills
Upon completing the application, you will be prompted to complete our HAALO assessment. HAALO is simply a way for us to understand your preferences, behaviors, and work styles. The assessment is the final step in our application process.
Avenica is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.