Sr. Financial Analyst, Professional Services P&L
IT, Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
We are looking for a talented Sr. Financial Analyst who will be able to execute and refine revenue and expense forecasting from multiple, growing lines of a business. This role will require the successful candidate to thrive in the zone where financial models and systems intersect with people and processes. If you’re looking for a challenging role that will help you master the elements of a professional services P&L within a SaaS company, take a closer look.
- Execute the end-to-end planning, budgeting and forecast processes for the Professional Services organization (GAAP and non-GAAP).
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting processes for services-based revenue and expense
- Perform financial analysis and provide deep insights to highlight trends and identify areas of investment and growth.
- Partner with the VP of Professional Services on key initiatives and contribute insights related to performance trends and metrics.
- Design and/or maintain and deliver financial reporting to provide accurate insight into revenue results, including the preparation of executive and/or Board level presentations.
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years of financial analysis and forecasting/modeling for revenue
- Experience in a fast-paced, growth company
- Strong business partnering skills and prior exposure to business strategy, processes, and financial objectives
- Self-starter and quick learner; demonstrated independence and autonomy in a high-performing work environment
- Strong analytical abilities to manage large data sets and synthesize/present complex information in a structured, cohesive narrative
- Familiarity (and desire to do more) with SQL to query or manipulate large data sets
- Solid experience in Excel/Google Sheets and PowerPoint/Google Slides
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate and deal effectively with all levels of an organization
- Bias towards finding solutions vs. shutting down ideas
- Background in tech/software/SaaS
- Experience with Netsuite, SalesForce, Adaptive Insights and other comparable software/technologies
- Experience working with/for Private Equity
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- iMacs or Macbooks
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.