Group Product Manager
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their education and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
We are looking for a Group Product Manager to work directly with our Director of Product to set and drive our mobile strategy and to mentor and lead a group of product managers. As a player/coach, you will be responsible for both strategic leadership and hands-on contribution to drive the success of our mobile strategy alongside the team engineering manager and design lead. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced product manager who thrives on both guiding a team and diving into the nitty-gritty of product development.
What you will be doing:
- Drive the vision and roadmap for our mobile experience across both Android and iOS
- Contribute to technical research and discovery, help strategize and design, having impact on the mobile roadmap and execution
- Serve as the product leader for your team, defining key outcomes and success criteria for the mobile experience
- Own and execute on mobile features in terms of requirements, definition, quality and metrics
- Organize and prioritize the day-to-day work within our Agile environment - ship product!
- Communicate with clarity across multiple stakeholders, collaborate with business partners and development teams, and influence decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Mentor and coach a team of product managers to help ensure success and growth.
What you will need to know/have:
- 7+ years of experience in product management, with a proven track record of successfully launching and improving digital products.
- 2+ years of experience with people management
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Analytical mindset with a focus on data-driven decision-making.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Be a self-starter who can create a vision and has a proven record of delivering on plans and achieving outcomes.
- Deep technical expertise and prior experience in building mobile applications.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to ensure all stakeholders understand and are aligned with the product plan.
- Proven expertise leading cross-functional teams that together launch on time.
- Openness to learn about the different educational systems across the globe.
- Be highly motivated and results-driven, with a strong business acumen
- Flexibility towards the working hours
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- A fun, friendly, and helpful company culture
- Competitive compensation
- Private Medicover healthcare + cafeteria plan/SZEP card
- Employee stock purchase program
- Wellness motivation through PandaFit
- An extra week off for the whole company every year
- Employee recognition program
- Goal-setting, proactive reviews, and internal training
- Employee assistance program
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.