Sales Development Manager (Fully remote)
Who We Are & What We Do:
Branching Minds’ mission is to empower all educators to effectively, efficiently, and equitably support the holistic needs of their students; and to create a path to academic and personal success for every learner. Already supporting over 1,000,000 students across 100+ districts from 30 states, our vision is to be the most impactful national K12 school district solution for achieving high-fidelity RTI/MTSS; consistently demonstrating our ability to save teachers' planning/documenting time, improve outcomes of our students, and eliminate achievement gaps.
As a startup, we don’t have to play by the rules of traditional organizations. We get to be innovative in the solutions we develop for our partners and the way we conduct our business for ourselves. Branching Minds is also a Benefit corporation. We get to prioritize our mission > profit, and the means of getting there is just as important as the ends. We err towards self-management, transparency, collaboration, initiative, and giving a damn.
If using innovation to reimagine education in service of equity energizes you -- join our team!
The Calling:Leading the Sales Development team, you will be responsible for continuing to scale and develop our SDRs. As an integral part of the sales leadership team you will provide mentorship for our SDRs, refining our sales processes, defining and tracking our KPIs and spearheading SDR recruiting. You will work closely with other leaders in sales, marketing, and sales enablement to drive the strategy for the Sales Development team.
What You Will Achieve:
- Oversee the SDR team who is responsible for creating pipeline of qualified business opportunities for the sales team while owning and closing SME deals
- Manage inbound lead workflow daily and efficiently qualify inbound leads based on business needs and revenue potential.
- Develop and implement effective outbound strategies to prospect and target new clients, by utilizing Hubspot and other tools.
- Provide an outstanding first exposure to Branching Minds and our product offerings
- Work very closely with sales leadership and together identify business opportunities and develop impactful and effective strategies to target new prospects.
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual meetings booked and revenue quotas for assigned markets.
- Provide regular and accurate forecasts, ensuring that there is enough pipeline coverage in order to meet assigned revenue quotas.
- Recruit, hire, coach, and manage a team of Sales Development Representatives
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive new business development growth and operational excellence
- Monitor and refine processes, metrics, and tools to maximize success on the SDR team
- Achieve quarterly and annual pipeline and revenue targets
- Report on pipeline-building metrics and forecast to senior sales management
- Collaborate with sales enablement for targeted training and development
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed objectives through coaching and mentorship
- Work with marketing and sales operations to ensure thorough follow up of inbound leads
- Empower your team to take ownership of their territory and ensure that team metrics are aligned with the broader organizational objectives
- Provide insightful feedback from prospect conversations to product, sales and marketing leadership
Why We Want You:
- 1-5 years experience leading a high performing sales development teams, and knowledgeable of successful sales-cycle and pipeline management
- Strong understanding of sales development best practices (cadence management, cold-calling, objection handling, etc.) and pipeline building process
- Humility and empathy for the challenges our prospects face on a daily basis
- Travel to conferences and industry events as necessary (less than 10%)
Lucky Us If You:
(No biggie if you don’t)
- Experience in K12 EdTech
If we are a match you can expect a total of 3 steps in the interview process after the initial application
- 45-minute Video/Phone Interview with the VP, Sales
- 45-minute Deep Dive with National Sales Manager
- 60-minute Final Round with VP, Sales with a written exercise prompt to submit in advance
What We Offer You:
- Check out our Benefits & Perks (https://secure.justworks.com/benefits/company_benefits_overviews/d50b8a3e-f599-4319-b600-a65d344d1c9c/show )
- Fully remote! Not limited to Chicago, IL, can reside anywhere in US. #LI-Remote
- An awesome, cross-disciplinary, mission-driven team solving meaningful problems that improves the lives of educators and students.
- Base annual compensation for this role is $85,000 - $105,000 based on experience and expertise
In Our Own Words, We Are...
Independent, Relaxed, Ownership, Flexibility, Always Learning, Casual, Adaptable, “Best Idea Wins,” Passionate, Dedicated, Very Capable/Competent, Efficient, Communicative, Welcoming, Caring, Scrappy, Friendly, Co-operative, Agile, Supportive, Principle-Driven, Respectful, Practical, Attentive, Funny, Self-Motivated, Silly Parrots.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Branching Minds, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where everyone, regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, professional and life experiences, disabilities, and abilities; feels valued and respected. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to continuing to create a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment.
Our Commitment to People with Disabilities
Branching Minds is committed to disability inclusion, and to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Something looks off?