Cambium Learning Group
As a Systems Engineer with the myLexia Integrations team, you will help build flexible, scalable, and secure solutions contributing to our automated rostering, single-sign-on, and curriculum integrations. In this role, you will build, manage, debug, test, secure, and deploy Lexia’s integration services at the system level and maintain our connections to third party partner organizations like Clever and Classlink. You will be instrumental in transforming our development practices into modern DevOps. You will collaborate with senior engineers to design, develop, test, secure, automate, and improve end-to-end solutions supporting our authentication services, ETL processes, and REST APIs.
The Tech Stack:
- CI/CD, Git
- Work collaboratively as part of an agile team to enhance and maintain our rostering integrations with Clever, OneRoster, ClassLink, Google, and others.
- Work collaboratively with the Quality Assurance team to obtain sign-off on the team’s releases with minimal back and forth.
- Work collaboratively with the Product Team and other stakeholders to ensure that the development team’s pipeline integrates with releases and other product decisions
- Optimize and utilize endpoint security monitoring processes and tools. This includes EDR AI driven tools such as Cylance and privilege management tools such as BeyondTrust.
- Ensure that endpoint security systems are configured and maintained in accordance with security best practices and industry standards.
- Lead and perform security investigations and improvements: Collect and preserve forensic information, identify IOCs, document investigations, and facilitate resolution with engineering, business and technical subject matter specialists as directed.
- Perform cyber and technical threat analyses. Keep up to date with current events and new threats in data security. Process and analyze cyber threat intelligence data and compile standard and ad-hoc reports.
- Evaluate known security issues (e.g. CVEs) with the third-party software we use (composer/node) and their impacts to our products.
- Ensure that our third-party software complies with N-1 requirements
- Develop new automated tests and systems using Postman, Codeception, phpunit, and other technologies
- Plan and administer the systems’ testing workloads to ensure that our automated rostering, SSO authentication, and other emerging educational technologies are functioning correctly
- Document relevant information about our partner connections.
- Demonstrate confidence and pride in the quality, performance and security of the designs and code you deliver.
- Display an appropriate sense of urgency to deliver planned work and resolve blocking issues.
- Communicate findings to team members and management of activities performed and actions needed.
- 4+ years experience working with designing and coding for production applications using PHP or other languages and relational database systems.
- 4+ years experience managing customer / partner coordination with Clever, Classlink, OneRoster, SAML, Google, etc., rostering and single sign on connections
- 2+ years experience developing automated tests (Cucumber, Codeception, etc)
- Solid foundation in programming principles and practices
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience creating and analyzing SQL queries for relational databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience working with SIS / LMS systems
- Familiarity with Jira and Bamboo or CI tools
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Understanding of Git or other distributed version control systems
To learn more about our organization and the exciting work we do, visit https://www.lexialearning.com/
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.