Technical Project Manager
Cambium Learning Group
As a project manager, you will coordinate people and processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. You will be the Point of contact for everything involving a project's delivery.
We're seeking a qualified and energetic project manager to help us maintain our position as an innovative authority. The ideal candidate will have production experience and sound skills in developing and executing work plans. The project manager will also prepare and present updates regularly to relevant management channels.
- Become a technical expert in one or more CAI online assessment systems and gain product knowledge sufficient to provide high quality support for operational service delivery and/or new feature development.
- Effectively triage and troubleshoot case escalations and inquiries autonomously.
- Answer client inquiries about system behavior and capabilities accurately.
- Personally make or oversee the completion of system configuration changes.
- Manage the production change control process in accordance with CAI and CSSC standard operating procedures.
- Conduct effective risk management associated with production changes and prepare detailed deployment plans.
- Oversee the production deployment process for assigned systems and clients.
- Ensure high-quality customer service and address and maintain frequent and proactive contact with client program managers.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, with an ability to switch contexts and work well under tight timelines.
- Develop requirements, budgets, and schedules for the software development projects.
- Facilitate requirements meetings, including peer review sessions and status meetings with clients and other project stakeholders.
- Establish milestones, anticipate issues, and monitor adherence to project scope, requirements and design documents, schedules, and to the CSSC software development process.
- Assume day-to-day responsibility for ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget, and that all deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Work closely with the CSSC Technical Project Management team to share best practices, help resolve project issues, and ensure that staff is properly allocated to tasks by considering staff’s skills and interests, and the project’s needs.
- Maintain client relations and communications including status reporting and informal conversations.
- Will be responsible for leading the overall delivery of large-scale engineering projects
- Direct oversight of all development and delivery phases (that includes planning, configuration, deployment and releasing the tested code to Production) of technology projects
- Ensure delivery standards and best practices are utilized throughout the life of a project to ensure optimal delivery of the solution
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5+ years of experience or Master’s degree in a related field and 3+ years of experience
- 2+ years of experience with SQL
- Experience working with Jira and confluence to track and manage work
- Proficiency in data analysis tools such as relational databases, SQL query, spreadsheets etc.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work towards meeting multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Experience in applying best practices in software development lifecycle, including waterfall and Agile software
- Troubleshoot production runtime issues that may arise throughout the entire system.
- Participate in production deployments
- Analytical thinker with exceptional problem-solving abilities, dedicated to continuous improvement.
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
Why Work With Us?
When you work with Cambium Assessment, you’ll be helping to design and build inspiring solutions that make a real impact on the online testing industry, as well as the educators and students we support.
Our systems are highly scaled and mission critical serving over a third of all students in grades 3-8 in the United States.
Our web applications are highly interactive and universally accessible.
Our machine scoring methods are driven by artificial intelligence allowing computers to perform such complex operations as grading essays with more accuracy than humans.
Our processes use intensive algorithmic computing allowing a customized experience for each student as the exam adapts real-time based upon answers given.
In the 2021–2022 school year, we delivered more than 100 million online tests, successfully supported peak testing volumes exceeding 1.3 million simultaneous test takers, while ensuring an average response time of less than a tenth of a second. We have the most advanced features of any online testing system, and we continue to push boundaries to improve student performance measurement and enabling educators with actionable insights to drive better overall educational outcomes for our students. To learn more about our organization and the exciting work we do, visit www.cambiumassessment.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.