Product Owner - Global
The exciting world of scientific research is fueled by people with a passion for solving complex problems. At Cayuse, we are committed to our customers’ success by empowering organizations to conduct globally connected research that advances their impact on science, discovery and society. We build on that commitment with proven, integrated and easy-to-use technology that delivers exceptional value, and world class service and support that accelerates outcomes.
But we are more than just an empowering platform powered by advanced technologies. We are a collaboration of exceptional, highly skilled people with multi-disciplinary expertise, and are building our team to support our ambitious growth plans. Cayuse’s foundational strength comes from our customer and employee focused values and commitment to industry-leading solutions. It’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team.
As a Product Owner, you'll play a crucial role in driving the development and release of products aligned with the roadmap. Working closely with Product Managers, other Product Owners, and collaborating with the Engineering teams, you'll help shape the roadmap to deliver valuable features that address customer needs. Your primary focus will be on delivering valuable features that cater to a diverse range of customers across the globe. To succeed in this role, you should be highly skilled at communicating across teams, creative in your problem-solving, and comfortable owning and prioritizing the backlog for multiple teams.
- Participate in and facilitate scrum ceremonies (e.g. grooming, sprint planning, standups, retrospectives)
- Organize and conduct internally-facing sprint demos
- Sufficient analysis to ensure stories are ready to be worked on by development
- Acceptance of story readiness
- Release readiness activities
- Backlog clean-up and daily grooming
- Help prepare documentation/training for releases
- Help investigate and triage bugs
- Prioritized backlog
- User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Validation and User Testing
- Feature Documentation
- Metrics and KPIs Tracking
- Release Planning and updating near term roadmaps
- Product releases that contribute to company goals
- 3-5 years of Product experience
- Proficiency in Jira and Confluence
- Strong planning and coordination across all levels
- Excellent communication
- Excellent communication abilities with a knack for motivating teams
- Able to clearly articulate backlog items
- Advocate for the customer’s need
- Results-oriented with a focus on execution
- Ensures the dev team works on high-value features
- Collaborate daily with the PM counterpart to ensure alignment
- Ensure the backlog is prioritized, visible and clear
- Competitive Medial Benefits (PPO + HSA available)
- Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability fully covered by Cayuse
- Unlimited PTO + Holidays + Flexible Work Schedule
- Remote Work Stipend
- Equal Paid Parental Leave
- 401k with Employer Matching
- Quarterly Wellness Reimbursement
- Remote Work Environment, supporting the Ultimate Employee Experience
Cayuse does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or any Cayuse employees. Cayuse is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our culture is one of inclusion and belonging where everyone feels respected, treated justly, supported and nourished. We all share responsibility for creating and sustaining a work environment where differences are celebrated and we are empowered to strive for excellence. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse and talented workforce.