AWS Solutions Trainer (Remote)
Eugene, OR, USA · Bend, OR, USA · Remote
Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2023
Why CBT Nuggets is a great place to work:
Work from anywhere. While we have an office in Eugene, Oregon, the majority of our team works remotely throughout the United States.
We take work-life balance seriously. You’ll work hard at CBT Nuggets, but you’ll also have plenty of time to relax and recharge. We recognize the importance of spending time with your family and friends — and having time for your hobbies and passions.
Enjoy creative freedom. Got ideas that could benefit our learners and organization? We embrace innovation. We are always open to new ideas — and welcome them from everyone on our team.
Get involved in great causes. NuggetLove, our charitable arm, is committed to making a difference. We support a wide range of issues ranging from education to social justice to supporting military personnel who are transitioning to civilian life.
SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
We refer to our instructors as trainers at CBT Nuggets because they go above and beyond mere instruction. Our trainers are tech experts with engaging personalities, a strong passion for technology, and a knack for simplifying the complicated. The CBT Nuggets trainer role supports our organization’s mission to continually improve learning effectiveness by creating IT-related videos and learning experiences that our learners can trust. Responsibilities include researching current trends and certifications in the IT industry, developing curriculum, creating instructional videos, product demonstrations, virtual labs, quizzes, and supplemental files designed to help individual learners, small businesses, enterprise teams, and government agencies achieve their IT-related goals. The CBT Nuggets trainer is also responsible for reviewing content created by other trainers to ensure that we always deliver our learners the highest quality content.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Create accurate, concise, and engaging content regularly
- Increase traffic to the CBT Nuggets website by delivering timely and relevant content
- Increase usage of products and features such as virtual labs and practice exams
- Receive positive learner reviews
- Meet or exceed the Quality Control Standards set forth by the Learning Content team
- Design, develop, edit, and submit knowledge & skill-based instructional videos
- Create effective learning experiences utilizing quizzes, demonstrations, labs, and other tools at your disposal
- Develop course curriculum leveraging your real-world IT experience and exam-related objectives
- Stay up-to-date on current technologies, certifications, exams, and other IT industry news
- Collaborate with other instructors, illustrators, and other teams (e.g., Learning Content and Marketing)
- Provide timely & constructive peer review of content created by your colleagues
- Act as a brand ambassador for CBT Nuggets
- 5+ years experience as an AWS technical professional
- AWS cloud certification
- Demonstrated in-depth technical knowledge
- Experience producing video content and/or remote training.
- Honesty, humility, and integrity
- Inclusive and respectful
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for learning
- Comfortable with autonomy
- Eager to add new skills and grow professionally
- Proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs, Slack, and internal CBT Nuggets software
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- A love of IT and/or technology
- Ability to be proficient with an Apple laptop
CBT NUGGETS MISSION
To continually improve the effectiveness of learning.
CBT NUGGETS BRAND COMPONENTS:
Position: The distinct point of difference our brand holds in the minds of our target audience.
- IT training you can trust.
Personality: The human traits that describe our brand as if it were a person.
-Passionate, empathetic, and accountable.
Promise: The consistent experience we commit to providing at every touchpoint.
- Learner First
What you say doesn’t matter nearly as much as what you do. Prove to us that you have passion, attention to detail, a good work ethic, and are an independent thinker through your preparation for the interview. Imagine yourself as already having the job and focus on telling us how you will help CBT Nuggets accomplish its mission with your help.
Sign up for the free trial and learn about the CBT Nuggets offering. Every teammate at CBT Nuggets has to understand our customer and our product. Prepare as if you’re already on the team.
Don’t be nervous, there’s no reason to be. If you feel nervous, channel that energy into better use.
Smile, and enjoy the process.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not directly submit applications for this job posting and are expressly prohibited from reaching out directly to any hiring managers or department heads via phone, email, LinkedIn, or other means of communication. All applications must be submitted directly by the job applicant."
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
CBT Nuggets provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (sex), gender identification or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, height, weight, physical appearance, hairstyle, need for reasonable accommodations, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation or familial status. In addition to federal law requirements, CBT Nuggets complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CBT Nuggets expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender (sex), gender identification or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, height, weight, physical appearance, hairstyle, need for reasonable accommodations, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation or familial status. Improper interference with the ability of CBT Nuggets’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
CBT Nuggets provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals who need accommodation for medical or religious reasons, as provided by law, in regards to candidate selection, job assignment, compensation, training, benefits, promotion, discipline, and termination, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to CBT Nuggets. The Company is committed to engaging in an interactive process for qualified individuals seeking reasonable accommodations as provided by law.
CBT Nuggets actively maintains and regularly updates its Affirmative Action Program.
See more open positions at CBT Nuggets
Something looks off?