We believe in the power and joy of learning
At Cengage Group, our employees have a direct impact in helping students around the world discover the power and joy of learning. We are bonded by our shared purpose – driving innovation that helps millions of learners improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.
Our culture values diversity, engagement, and discovery
Our business is driven by our strong culture, and we know that creating an inclusive and diverse workplace is absolutely essential to the success of our company and our learners, as well as our individual well-being. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives in everything we do, and strive to ensure employees of all levels and backgrounds feel empowered to voice their ideas and bring their authentic selves to work. We achieve these priorities through inclusive programs, benefits, and initiatives that are integrated into the fabric of how we work every day. To learn more, please see https://www.cengagegroup.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity/.
Our Account Executive role is a hybrid field sales position covering the Chicago area with a mixture of 2-year and 4-year schools. For time spent in the field with customers we provide a company car. This role provides the opportunity to build relationships and have a high level of customer engagement. It is preferred but not required that the sales professional has a background in outside sales, cross selling, upselling, renewals, and longer sales cycles.
Ideal candidates are located near Chicago but we will also consider candidates from the suburban areas
What you'll do:
Plan for Success
- Plan, organize, and prioritize sales activities to achieve sales targets.
- Use database tools to develop and maintain opportunities pipeline for every account in assigned territory.
- Create and implement strategic plans for opportunities through resource management and internal collaboration.
- Develop product knowledge and digital skills for sales calls, presentations and delivery of digital courses.
- Provide support for instructor course set-up and student course access to drive digital activations, and usage.
- Build itineraries and daily plans that effectively address territory priorities and optimize customer engagement.
- Achieve and/or exceed established sales targets by promoting Cengage solutions to all customers.
- Conduct sales calls with decision makers to identify needs, propose solutions and establish relationships.
- Represent all product offerings and platforms across disciplines for the territory.
- Collaborate internally with account partners to implement institutional sales strategies and ensure complete coverage of all Cengage solutions for an account.
- Use resources and internal sales support for digital customer course builds, training and implementation.
- Confirm and communicate details with customers on options to access Cengage content in use at each account.
- Develop relationships with channel partners to coordinate shared delivery of content and gain understanding of campus initiatives.
Manage Your Business
- Use data to identify priorities for allocation of time and resources.
- Continue ongoing updates and maintenance of customer database.
- Handle travel, business and sampling budgets effectively.
- Provide clear, timely communication and accurate reporting.
- Exhibit digital proficiency with internal systems and when sharing Cengage solutions.
Skills You Will Need Here:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent work experience and a proven, successful track record in a prior sales position.
- Minimum of two years of successful sales or customer interaction experience.
- Values and appreciates diversity of thought; able to work with diverse audiences both internally and externally.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
- High energy and good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Competitive spirit and high business acumen.
- Demonstrated understanding of applied computer technology.
- Comfortable using technology in performing routine job tasks and for product demonstration purposes.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in PC and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to travel with some overnight in certain territories and for sales meetings; must be able to travel by both auto and air.
- Located within assigned sales territory or near a Cengage office for an Inside Sales role.
- Direct sales, marketing, or editorial experience
- Prior ed tech sales experience
- Proficiency in social media web platforms
- Driven to succeed
Cengage Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason. You may view Cengage’s EEO/Affirmative Action Policy signed by CEO Michael Hansen and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by visiting their corresponding links.
About Cengage Group
Cengage Group, a global education technology company serving millions of learners, provides affordable, quality digital products and services that equip students with the skills and competencies needed to be job ready. For more than 100 years, we have enabled the power and joy of learning with trusted, engaging content, and now, integrated digital platforms. We serve the higher education, workforce skills, secondary education, English language teaching and research markets worldwide. Through our scalable technology, including MindTap and Cengage Unlimited, we support all learners who seek to improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.
Base Pay Range
The full base pay range has been provided for this position. Individual base pay will vary based on work schedule, qualifications, experience, internal equity, and geographic location. Sales roles often incorporate a significant incentive compensation program beyond this base pay range.$49,500.00 - $79,200.00 USD