Sr Strategy Manager
We believe in the power and joy of learning
At Cengage Group, our employees have a direct impact in helping students around the world discover the power and joy of learning. We are bonded by our shared purpose – driving innovation that helps millions of learners improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.
Our culture values diversity, engagement, and discovery
Our business is driven by our strong culture, and we know that creating an inclusive and diverse workplace is absolutely essential to the success of our company and our learners, as well as our individual well-being. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives in everything we do, and strive to ensure employees of all levels and backgrounds feel empowered to voice their ideas and bring their authentic selves to work. We achieve these priorities through inclusive programs, benefits, and initiatives that are integrated into the fabric of how we work every day. To learn more, please see https://www.cengagegroup.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity/.
Cengage Work (ed2go and Infosec) provides flexible, affordable online courses and programs to help adults rapidly gain the skills needed to be job ready. Our programs have already helped more than 3.5M people develop new skills, and this year more than 250,000 people will access Cengage Work products and services to gain employable skills, complete required training or pursue new skills in high-demand career fields.
Through ed2go, Cengage Group provides an online learning platform with more than 1,200 instructor-led and self-paced courses, including certification prep courses designed for people who want to re-enter the workforce or grow their careers. The ed2go catalog is increasingly focused on creating job outcomes in Allied Health and Information Technology and certificate preparation across a wide range of skills.
Infosec is a cybersecurity education platform with comprehensive training solutions for businesses, including technical and non-technical roles delivered through boot camps and online libraries to enterprise, SMB, and government organizations. Infosec provides clients with role-relevant security training tools that support employees across the entire organization. Role-based training ensures learners engage with relevant training content, retain information, and adopt security habits required for their jobs.
What the role entails
The Sr Strategy Manager will join the Cengage Work Strategy team, defining, evaluating, and leading critical growth initiatives and programs. This role joins a team of strategy professionals defining the growth agenda for Cengage Work, which delivers $120M+ revenue and is carrying out a bold growth agenda!
We deliver high-impact projects, working with senior leaders from across Cengage Work and the broader Cengage Group enterprise. We are a group of leaders who enjoy quickly sizing opportunities and risks with imperfect data and navigating ambiguity with confidence and tact. We possess critical thinking, effective problem structuring, executive communication, and can influence across teams. We coordinate initiatives between business units and work with key functional specialists and internal organizations to analyze current industry trends, expansion opportunities, threats, and make recommendations.
What you will focus on:
- Identify, define, evaluate and drive key strategic and operational initiatives and support the business developing short-term and long-term growth objectives
- Identify expansion opportunities, understand industry trends and market threats
- Make recommendations and adjust strategy in response to the changing marketing landscape
- Lead transformation and digital growth strategy projects
- Analyze business processes, recommend improvements, and lead change
- Work collaboratively with business unit leadership functional Teams
Skills you will need here:
- 5+ years of professional experience including a minimum of 3 years previous management consulting or corporate strategy experience
- Proven experience delivering large, sophisticated projects and influencing business outcomes
- Ability to influence senior leaders in a highly matrix-based organization in the absence of line authority
- Trusted thought partner with an understanding of how to deliver both personal and team goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Capacity to work independently or as part of a team with a “get stuff done” mentality
- Ability to self-manage progress with a high degree of accountability
- Highly developed analytical abilities and data savvy
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to travel (~10%) when required
Cengage Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason. You may view Cengage’s EEO/Affirmative Action Policy signed by CEO Michael Hansen and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by visiting their corresponding links.
Cengage Group is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 (617) 289-7917.
About Cengage Group
Cengage Group, a global education technology company serving millions of learners, provides affordable, quality digital products and services that equip students with the skills and competencies needed to be job ready. For more than 100 years, we have enabled the power and joy of learning with trusted, engaging content, and now, integrated digital platforms. We serve the higher education, workforce skills, secondary education, English language teaching and research markets worldwide. Through our scalable technology, including MindTap and Cengage Unlimited, we support all learners who seek to improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.
Base Pay Range
The full base pay range has been provided for this position. Individual base pay will vary based on work schedule, qualifications, experience, internal equity, and geographic location. Sales roles often incorporate a significant incentive compensation program beyond this base pay range.$111,500.00 - $178,400.00 USD