Deal Desk and Pricing Manager
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn's 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the team/role
We are looking for a Deal Desk and Pricing Manager who is highly collaborative, analytical and has a detail oriented mindset to join the Financial Planning and Strategy team (FP&S). This role will work as a key advisor to our sales team focusing on pricing, products, processes and policies to strategize and facilitate the close of high quality, outside the box, deals in terms of profitability, revenue and margin management. Additionally, this person will work on pricing related initiatives focused on our price book, discounting strategies, promotional pricing strategy and reporting. This individual will function as a Finance approver for Checkr’s Deal Desk, support executive decision making for our largest and most strategic accounts, and act as a facilitator between internal stakeholders including Sales, Revenue Operations, Pricing Strategy, Finance, Accounting, and Legal. The ideal candidate has experienced success in a dynamic, high-growth, and fast-paced environment, brings a quantitative, data driven mindset, and should have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Comfort interacting at all levels of senior management (including VP, SVP and C-suite) is a must.
What you’ll do
- Deal Desk: Be the point of contact for our sales team across Enterprise and large Strategic customers. Be the knowledge expert on all things related to your deals and a thought partner on deal structuring.
- Modeling and Analytics: Own and develop comprehensive deal models to showcase the P/L impacts of various scenarios. Integrating FP&S objectives and socializing impacts to key stakeholders.
- Communication: Transform robust analytics into succinct narratives for Executive and C-suite approvals.
- Pricing, Discounting and Promotions: Through financial analyses to inform list pricing and discount curves for existing and new products. Run pricing sensitivity analyses for limited time promotions to drive incremental revenue, profit and/or margin. Be a key player in driving the overall pricing strategy for Checkr.
- Reporting: Analyze Deal Desk, promotional, and pricing performance quarterly to understand the impact on the organization and influence future decision making.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or Finance. Masters or MBA preferred
- 2+ years experience in deal desk preferred
- 6+ years experience in pricing, revenue operations, finance required
- Experience modeling in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, building P/L’s, scenarios and charts required
- Experience with BI and analytical tools such as Looker or Tableau preferred, SQL a plus
- Salesforce experience preferred, with CPQ and/or quoting system experience a plus
- Strong business and commercial acumen, with experience in problem solving and financial analysis, while proactively solving complex and diverse business problems with unique solutions.
- Analytical and communication skills with experience influencing across various levels of management
- Previous experience with software, SaaS, or technology company, and experience with usage-based pricing a plus
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The base range for this role is $145,350 to $196,650 in San Francisco.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.