Microsoft Services Consultant [Contract]
Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education, Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already used by more than 75% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more engaging, personalized, and fun.
Clever is seeking a Microsoft Services Consultant to address the growing need for domain expertise in Microsoft product integrations. This role is crucial in bridging the gap in our product engineering and service teams' ability to support Microsoft-related products and features effectively.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Develop and Configure Demo Environments:
- Create reliable, accessible demo environments that mirror our customer’s Microsoft deployments, including hybrid on-prem/cloud environments and complex authentication policies.
- Ensure these environments are easy to use and modify for testing purposes.
- Expand Knowledge Base:
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge base to support our technical onboarding and sales teams.
- Provide consultancy for onboarding and support teams to answer configuration questions in complex environments.
- Co-pilot on district calls for real-time support.
- Create documentation and videos addressing common deployment issues.
- Support Development of Integrations:
- Prioritize the development of new functionalities for our existing Windows AD products.
- Focus on installation customization, auto-update capabilities, and addressing security concerns.
- Offer reliable support for customizing solutions to specific user setups and troubleshooting non-standard configurations.
- Review current offerings to ensure optimal and secure implementation.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Expertise in Microsoft products such as Windows, Active Directory Federation Services, Microsoft/Office 365, and Entra ID.
- Proven experience in building Windows Services, automating Windows installations/updates, and experience with AD <-> Entra bridges.
- Demonstrated proficiency in configuring and rolling out these systems.
- Commitment to equity and belonging: Clever believes that the classrooms we serve and our company’s halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. We seek opportunities and celebrate actions that further allow us to build diverse teams, include every voice, and create a safe space for everyone to bring their authentic selves into the workplace. Outside of our walls, we use our collective influence, passionate work, and community involvement to unlock learning for ALL students.
- Development experience with Windows services, credential providers, and AD plugins.
- Experience with SSO and identity management.
- Experience working with school districts or K-12 technology deployments.
- Hourly rate: $70-$100
- Length of contract: 3-6 months
- Part-time: Approximately 20-30 hours per week, subject to change
Clever does not conduct interviews via text or Telegram. We will never ask for your financial information or reimbursement of equipment of any kind. If you receive any communications regarding employment with Clever that you think might be a scam, please email email@example.com.