Project Management Coordinator - US Based Remote Opportunity
Do you have a passion for higher education? Do you want to make a positive impact on the college admissions process? Our staff help to remove barriers and encourage students to forge their path to a better future. Common App is a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to the pursuit of access, equity, and integrity in the college admission process. Each year we support more than 1 million students, one-third of whom are first-generation, as they apply to our more than 900 diverse member colleges & universities using the Common App's free online application.
If you are an experienced Project Management Coordinator professional and want to be part of a mission-driven non-profit that uses innovative technology to advance the college admission process, Common App may be a great match for you. Common App is currently searching for a Project Management Coordinator.
As a team member of the Portfolio Management Office (PMO), the Project Management Coordinator will report to the Manager of the Portfolio Management Office and work closely with fellow PMO team member(s) to ensure that there is empowerment, awareness, and alignment around Common App’s programmatic work in support of the organization's strategy. The Project Management Coordinator will play an active role in the PMO’s day-to-day operations and serve as a valued business partner to programmatic leaders of all levels by providing ongoing project management support and guidance to a wide array of projects across the organization.
This role requires:
- Candidates must live in the United States.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2-4 years of experience in business analysis, project management, and tracking metrics or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to manage initiatives that span several areas of the organization, management of dependencies, and escalation of risk and issues
- Understanding of how PMO operations fit into the organization’s operating model and the value it can bring
- Skilled project management coordinator with a proven ability to scope, develop, track, and accurately manage projects, including deliverables, timelines, and budgets
- Keen attention to detail, organization, and deadline-driven; ability to autonomously manage projects on schedule
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including building solid relationships and support among a broad range of people and positions.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and diverse environment and take initiative in individual contributor work
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with project management tools
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) with PMI
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and/or scrum master certification
- Project management and financial reporting experience with non-profit organizations and grant-funded work.
- Knowledge of Atlassian products, specifically Jira Work Management and Confluence
- Interest in nonprofit, social impact, product management, and/or education work
- A passion for higher education is a plus.
Common App is a virtual first environment. We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and an extensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Vacation Leave (starting at 10 days per year)
- Sick Leave (15 days per year)
- Paid Holidays (New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving Day)
- Floating Holidays (9 days to be used at employee’s discretion)
- Medical (2 plan options with Cigna including an option for 100% employee coverage)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with annual employer contribution starting at $1,500 or Flexible Spending Account (FSA), depending on plan election
- Dental (plan with MetLife offering 100% employee coverage)
- Vision benefits (plan with Cigna offering 100% employee coverage)
- Short + Long Term Disability (100% employer paid)
- Life + AD&D (100% employer paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life + AD&D insurance available
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Added compensation
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with 5% employer contribution + additional 5% employer match
- Stipends (virtual office set up and monthly remote work support)
- Future growth opportunities within the organization
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our staff, where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a diverse, collaborative, team-oriented, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
HOW DO I APPLY
To apply for this opportunity, send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations.