Software Engineer Intern
Software Engineer InternThis role is Remote
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global organization as an Intern working on our Performance Suite. You will ideally be in your 3rd or 4th year of tertiary study in Computer Science/Software Engineering or a related field and are looking for relevant work experience. We are open to discussing flexible hours for the right candidates to suit your university timetable.
In this role you will...
- Work in a global team, delivering SaaS software on AWS
- Develop across the entire technology stack, including C#, .NET Core, WebAPI, React, and Typescript
- Be responsible for your own test coverage, including unit, integration, and automated functional tests
- Work with other engineers and quality assurance staff to ensure our requirements for quality, security, scalability, and usability are met
- Own your code all the way to production, including deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with the product management team to plan, design, and scope new features, and identify opportunities for enhancements
You’ve got what it takes if you have...
- Strong problem solving skills, a keen sense of ownership, and a detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues and project details
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
Extra dose of awesome if you have...
- Web-based application development experience
- Experience with C#, TypeScript, AWS and Docker
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Automated testing
- Familiarity with Lean or Agile development methodologies
- A supportive team environment, and a culture of trust and ownership
- Location and schedule flexibility, to help you fit work around your personal and family life
- An opportunity to help millions of people globally achieve their career development goals
This is a 10 week, full time position. Applications must include a resume and a transcript.
At Cornerstone, our transparent total rewards program is based on three core tenets: equitable pay, market dynamic research, and skill-based appraisal.
In New Zealand, The base salary range for this position is: 10400 - 10400 NZD. If you work outside of New Zealand, the salary range may be different and will be applicable to your country, currency and market.
In addition to competitive base pay, the compensation package for this role may include other incentives like bonus or commission, along with a generous benefits package.
Where an individual’s pay falls within the range is determined by factors including, but not limited to, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people ask what our team is about, we point to our core values: champion customer success, bring our best, achieve together, get stuff done, and innovate every day. We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal and we are seeking diversity in the people who join our team. We want to make sure that our company reflects the demographic of our customers, clients, and the communities in which we operate. So if you want to work for a friendly, global, inclusive and innovative company, we'd love to meet you!
What We Do:
Cornerstone is apremier people development company. We believe people can achieve anything whenthey have the right development and growth opportunities. We offerorganizations the technology, content, expertise and specialized focus to helpthem realize the potential of their people. Featuring comprehensive recruiting,personalized learning, modern training content, development-driven performancemanagement and holistic employee data management and insights, Cornerstone’speople development solutions are successfully used by more than 100 million+ people in 180+ countries and in nearly 50 languages.
Cornerstone takes special care to ensure the security and privacy of the data of its users.