Business Development Manager, Universities - Thailand
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 142 million registered learners as of December 31, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 325 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
As an Enterprise Account Executive at Coursera, your mission is to consistently surpass quarterly and annual sales quotas by leveraging your expertise in prospecting, developing, and closing new enterprise sales opportunities. Crafting strategic territory plans, you will proactively drive revenue growth within your designated area, focusing on acquiring net new logos to expand Coursera's market presence. Drawing on your in-depth knowledge of industry trends, you will consult and support prospective customers, ensuring Coursera's solutions align seamlessly with their needs. Additionally, you'll serve as the voice of Coursera's Enterprise partners, sharing valuable customer-driven insights across our organization, including product, engineering, business development, and legal teams. Together, we are redefining how individuals acquire knowledge and skills, and we invite you to be a driving force as we transform lives through learning.
- Effectively prospect, develop, and close new enterprise sales opportunities; create strategic territory plan and drive revenue within that territory
- Drive new business with net new logos
- Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Accurately forecast quarterly and monthly sales
- Use in-depth knowledge of industry trends to consult and support prospective customers
- Be the voice of Coursera’s Enterprise partners, sharing customer-driven insights across Coursera, including product, engineering, business development, and legal
- 8+ years experience selling Enterprise SaaS or other solutions to universities, colleges, education systems, or equivalent accounts
- Demonstrated experience selling enterprise solutions into large/complex accounts and over-achieving quarterly and annual sales targets
- Business development and revenue closing sales experience
- Ability to travel 25% of the time to customer meetings, trade shows, and events as needed
- Enterprise sales experience at a SaaS company
- Experience consistently exceeding quota of $1 Million+, with proven success in accurately forecasting targets, and achieving sales commits
- Ability to hold your own in meetings with president, provosts, and deans from prospective partners and speak as a thought leader and visionary in the learning space
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, and operational skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to work autonomously in fast moving, quickly-changing environments
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: