Associate Manager, Professional Development - New York/Massachusetts
Curriculum Associates, Inc.
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Associate Manager, Professional Development – New York/Massachusetts
The Associate Manager of Professional Development will have a background in teaching mathematics or ELA, coaching teachers of mathematics or ELA, delivering mathematics or ELA-related professional development and support, analyzing assessment data, and working directly with school and district leaders. Working closely with the sales team and other Curriculum Associates professionals and will be responsible for overseeing strategic and large district implementations by providing an implementation plan, targeted professional development, ongoing in-classroom support, data analysis, daily project management, and communication with district and site leaders. You will also assist with onboarding, mentoring, and coaching their team, as well as taking a larger role at internal professional development training opportunities. At times, the Associate Manager will be sent into strategic district meetings in lieu of the PD Manager.
The impact you’ll have:
- Support large district-wide implementations and adoptions of the Ready Mathematics program and the i-Ready online diagnostic and instruction program
- Onboard, train, coach and manage a team of primarily part-time Educational Consultants
- Conduct regular formal observations, performance evaluations, and regular check-ins to ensure customers are receiving quality outcome-based PD focused on impacting student and teacher practice
- Facilitate, adapt, and deliver professional development to various audiences, including teachers, coaches, and leaders, on how to effectively implement Ready and i-Ready to impact classroom learning
- Provide on-site targeted support to teachers, coaches and leaders – this may range from providing lesson planning and pacing support, to helping educators analyze data and apply it to instruction, to working with leaders to identify evidence of implementation successes and challenges
- Serve as lead trainer for large or strategic accounts, including managing the workflow of multiple trainers
- Build and maintain strong and influential relationships with district leader and site leaders
- Assist in developing, reviewing and revising annual professional development plans and schedules, remove barriers to implementation, and keep abreast of progress
- Consistently handle high-level customer meetings, including high-stakes conversations
- Onboard, coach and mentor other team members successfully as well as conduct formal observations of part time staff upon request
- Assist with facilitating internal training and development efforts for the team.
- Serve as an ambassador for Curriculum Associates, exemplifying the company’s mission-driven approach and commitment to creating better classrooms for students and teachers
- Learn and maintain knowledge of multiple products and facilitation best practices through internal certification processes
- Manage priorities and workflow, including training notes, expense reports, scheduling, etc.
- Serve in place of manager, when needed.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5+ years of experience in teaching mathematics or ELA, coaching teachers of mathematics or ELA, and providing mathematics or ELA professional learning
- Understand principles of adult learning and how to apply them to professional learning
- Strong evidence of past success in a Professional Development Specialist role
- Ability to manage, monitor, evaluate, and ensure integrity of program implementations
- Able to provide high-quality classroom coaching to ensure teachers have the skills necessary to deliver CA solutions effectively
- Ability to manage a team remotely through regular communications and leveraging data reports
- Ability to work effectively with district and school leaders
- Growth mindset, with commitment to ongoing learning and willingness to be flexible to meet evolving educator needs
- Evidence of a high-level of trust and independence with various members of PD leadership
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Proven organization skills, high attention to details, and superior time management
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lift 50lbs (travel and printed materials)
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time during training
Not required, but we’d like to see:
- Strong working knowledge of the Common Core State Standards or local state standards for Mathematics for Grades K-8 (or comparable state standards), including both the content standards and the practice standards. Understanding of the ELA Standards for K-8 also preferred
- Fluency with using digital tools including online assessments, and a high-level of comfort discussing and applying data with teachers and leaders
- Experience with OneNote, SharePoint, Salesforce
Salary range for this role: $69,250 - $118,250
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that Curriculum Associates considers in making compensation decisions based on our Compensation Philosophy. Actual base pay within that range will vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, prior experience and relevant skill sets. At Curriculum Associates, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances for each case. The Company recognizes that minimum wage varies by location and will ensure all compensation decisions comply with applicable state and local laws.
Benefits: Benefit eligible employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan and receive an employer match. Employees have access to a flexible vacation and sick policy in addition to twelve paid holidays and a winter office closure between Christmas and New Year's, as well as a number of additional perks and benefits.
Travel: Travel 50-70% is required and considered an essential function of the job for all educator-facing positions. Travel includes overnight stays at hotels and transportation via car, plane, and/or public transportation. Personal credit card for car rental and reimbursable expenses.
Location: This position will be required to cover the states of New York and Massachusetts in order to provide live support to districts. Additionally, a valid driver's license is required for this role.