Director, Integrated Marketing NA Education
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The Director, Integrated Marketing (NA Education) is a charismatic and empathetic leader who drives key business results for some of D2L’s most critical cross-functional programs. Rather than tackle random acts of marketing, you are laser focused on achieving business outcomes. As an expert marketer with 8-15 years’ experience, you have experience managing complex projects, leading teams, crafting and executing Go-To-Market strategies and campaigns, and are transparent and clear about reporting (+ communicating) results/key learnings. The deep relationships you develop across the organization allow you to effectively introduce new ideas and processes in support improved marketing-wide performance and business results. You know a thing or two about edtech, as well.
As the owner of the marketing strategies and rollout for NA Education in Higher Education and K-12, you drive an organization-wide approach to the successful execution of highly collaborative, cross-functional marketing programs & campaigns. You break down barriers for your teammates and cut through red tape, never losing sight that your work results in a positive impact on education and learning.
Your multi-tasking, organizational, and communication skills are evidenced by the application of your broad cross-functional knowledge and penchant to work with precision, as well as your ability to communicate and negotiate at an executive level. You are adept at simplifying complex programs, concepts, and problems so that others eagerly come along for the ride. You thrive in the role of champion and collaborator for your programs, as you build consensus around a unified view of success. The Director, Integrated Marketing – NA Education reports to the VP, Revenue Marketing.
Major Responsibilities (How Will I Make an Impact?):
- Curate cohesive, multi-channel marketing plans and execute them with a focus on collaboration and clear communication of the vision, KPIs, timelines, and results of the plans
- Support cross-functional teammates and your own direct reports by prioritizing outputs & workload management; identify risks and opportunities in the current process to better execute integrated campaigns
- Serve as the hub for cross-functional knowledge management / communication relating to your target ICPs (be the “single source of truth”)
- Solve problems getting in the way of success
- Masterfully execute on project and program administration (status reporting at various levels, monitoring program health metrics and controls, etc.) and communicate on-going progress, issues, risks, and overall performance to all stakeholders
- Engage in risk and change management planning, mitigation, and controls
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Be a great leader for your team and all collaborators along the way
Regional Strategy & Campaign Planning:
- Create unified cross-functional program plans, then partner with functional areas across GTM teams including business development, performance marketing, events, product marketing, content marketing, marketing operations and others to execute
- Lead the development of purposeful, well-thought-out campaigns through quarterly planning, monthly alignment meetings, and weekly status updates
- Strategically align with your direct reports, peers, and colleagues across the services teams to ensure pipeline creation and increased brand awareness via account-based engagement efforts
- Track and report on campaign impacts: Support the team in monitoring and optimizing tactical performance at every stage of the journey to ensure content/messaging resonates and encourages the behaviors that lead buyers to action. Identify how we can iterate and improve
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with all functional areas of the company
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- 8-15 years of B2B SaaS edtech (emphasis on edtech) marketing experience with minimum 3 years of people management and experience managing highly complex, cross-functional projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or other related discipline
- Results Driven: Support and make recommendations on programs and tactical outputs informed by data
- Experience creating and optimizing stunning programs and campaigns employing resonant creative products that truly connect with and impact the audiences they reach
- Trustworthy budget stewardship, striking the balance between ensuring predictable return on spend with strategic investments in experimental efforts to promote D2L solutions
- Goal orientation. You set them; you achieve them; you inspire others to achieve their goals
- Deliver awesome outcomes by investing in big-picture results vs tasks
- Program Support: Push campaign boundaries with testing and creative approaches that surpass targets
- History of collaboration, elevating the people and solutions within the Marketing organization
- Noted ability to build constructive and effective relationships in all areas of the company and outside the organization relevant to NA Higher Education and K-12
- Track record of communicating complex information to others
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
Something looks off?