VP, K-12 Sales
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The VP, K-12 Sales is the executive responsible for overseeing all commercial activities related to D2L’s K-12 vertical. This role is pivotal in driving revenue, establishing sales strategies, and ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate brings 10+ years of progressive responsibility in K-12 sales, in positions requiring experience working cross-functionally in a highly dynamic and virtual environment. This role will develop go to market strategy, as well as recruit, hire, and coach a team of K-12 sales professionals. This role requires extensive collaboration across functional teams including Product Management, Marketing, Customer Success. The ideal candidate must have K-12 sales management experience and will have the skills, enthusiasm, and passion to develop people at various stages in their careers.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services targeting K-12 educational institutions.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify trends, customer needs, and competitor activities, and use this information to refine sales strategies.
- Have a deep understanding of the company's educational products and services, and effectively communicate the value proposition to potential customers.
- Drive revenue growth by acquiring new customers, expanding existing accounts, and negotiating new contracts and renewal agreements.
- Streamline sales processes, develop, and implement sales methodologies, and utilize CRM systems to enhance sales efficiency and productivity.
- Stay informed about relevant laws, regulations, and policies affecting the education industry and ensure the sales team operates in compliance with these standards.
People Leadership and Performance:
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of sales professionals, providing guidance, training, and motivation to achieve sales targets.
- Monitor sales performance metrics, analyze sales data, and generate reports for senior management to track progress and make data-driven decisions.
- You are passionate about people leadership and leading effective teams.
- You will manage a team of D2Lers and champion a high performing culture.
- You will connect your team’s day to day accountabilities to D2L’s mission by setting clear objectives and performance expectations with your team members.
- You will coach, provide regular feedback, provide career path and development or growth opportunities, and create a collaborative and open environment.
- You will collaborate through cross-functional teams to accomplish established corporate and team goals and effectively manage relationships with other D2L teams
- Responsible for supporting vision, planning, and defining team objectives, and leading execution of objectives
- Work with your peers and leaders to drive productivity, efficiency, and hold team accountable for high quality outcomes
- Play key role with interviewing, hiring, and onboarding new team members. Provide expertise and coaching/mentorship to the team members.
- Produce and actively participate in knowledge sharing as well as professional development initiatives
Competencies (What You’ll Bring to the Role):
- Expertise in building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders in the K-12 education sector, including school districts, administrators, teachers, and educational organizations.
- Demonstratable ability in value-based selling for complex SaaS products into large complex districts
- Cross functional collaboration with marketing, product development, and customer support teams to ensure a seamless customer experience from initial contact through to post-sale support
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strategic mindset with the ability to develop and execute sales strategies that align with the company's overall objectives
- Strong negotiation skills to secure mutually beneficial partnerships with educational institutions
- International K-12 experience would be an asset
- A bachelor's degree in business, or education, or a related field is typically required.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.