Contract-Content Editor/Publisher Nursing and Health Professionals
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases - all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 2,700 people worldwide, most now working hybrid or remotely. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and outstanding team. EIS is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. Our mission is to transform lives by providing relevant and reliable information when, where, and how people need it. We are looking for bright and creative individuals whose unique differences will allow us to achieve this inclusive mission around the world.
The Content Editor/Publisher Contractor will assist the Nursing & Health Professions team with copyediting and publishing content for our reference center products and point-of-care products. The work will require you to use Microsoft Word, as well as our content management system, and some other internal tools.
What You’ll Do (Primary Responsibilities)
- Performs traditional copyediting—requiring varying degrees of critical analysis, problem-solving, and independent judgement—to improve quality before online publication
- Edits according to house style guide and other style guides (e.g., AMA Manual of Style) as needed
- Prepares content for publication (e.g., metadata tagging, working within content management system, publishing on product, quality assurance)
- Assists with content maintenance and updates
- Assists with media embedding in content and publishing to product
- Performs quality assurance after production to correct stylistic and functional content problems across products
You will be welcomed as a Content Editor/Publisher contractor for the Clinical Decisions Nursing and Health Professions team. You will mainly work with the Director of Content Integration, as well as Content Integration Editors. There will be ample resources, training materials, and support to ensure your success as a content integration contractor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 1+ year of editorial experience
- 2+ years of experience with MS Office Suite including Word (with use of track changes) and Excel
- 2+ years of experience demonstrating a high attention to detail
What sets you apart
- Demonstrated interest in copyediting
- Knowledge of editorial style and processes, database management, and project management
- High computer literacy skills and aptitude to learn editing/content management software and perform related skills (such as tagging and linking); experience in XML editing a plus
Our Offer to You
Target Annual Compensation
This is a contract position. Compensation is based on the volume and type of work completed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.