Product Manager, Book Services - UK & Europe
EBSCO International is the international operations group of EBSCO Information Services (EIS). EIS provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases - all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, Massachusetts, USA, EIS employs more than 2,700 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and outstanding team. EIS is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. Our mission is to transform lives by providing relevant and reliable information when, where, and how people need it. We are looking for bright and creative individuals whose unique differences will allow us to achieve this inclusive mission around the world.
Responsible for supporting the book product offering across our customers by identifying and promoting the GOBI Library Services offered by the Company within the UK and European territory. The role is primarily focused on providing sales support data and analysis, marketing, and promotional activities with the goal of supporting the retention of current sales, generating and pursuing new business opportunities, and building customer loyalty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with Regional Sales Managers, Customer Services and CDM to support the sale of GOBI services by providing sales analysis, insights, and trends at a customer level.
- Proactively provide our customers with appropriate management information. Prepare reports and make recommendations by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Supporting Customer Services by utilising your extensive knowledge of our products and services to ensure customer enquiries can be dealt with accurately and appropriately.
- Continuously identify additional revenue opportunities with additional products and services.
- Monitor service level delivery against our agreed SLA’s, identify areas for improvement and agree action plans with management.
- Prepare management reports for library frameworks and consortia for the territory. Act as a liaison with framework managers in managing any reporting requirements.
- SUPC / APUC / Scottish Excel / EPS / Kammarkollegiet
- Build and manage internal Competitor database.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of industry.
- Working with marketing teams on the following.
- Generating proposals
- Promotional campaigns and post analysis
- Social media messaging
- Monthly email summaries
- Content management for static pages and newsletters
- Sharing of publisher collections
- Previous experience in either business development, sales support or marketing role. Ideally in an industry related organization - Publisher or bookseller.
- Quantitative data analysis is highly desirable. (Tableau)
- Excellent communications skills, oral and written, and public speaking experience.
- Effective presentation skills, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and CRM software.
- Self motivated, well organized, detail oriented, adaptive, and creative, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers or members of the business community and effectively present information to management and public groups.