Sr Product Manager
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases - all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 2,700 people worldwide, most now working hybrid or remotely. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and outstanding team. EIS is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. Our mission is to transform lives by providing relevant and reliable information when, where, and how people need it. We are looking for bright and creative individuals whose unique differences will allow us to achieve this inclusive mission around the world.
EBSCO is looking for a Sr. Agile Product Manager who will work at the intersection between technical execution and business strategy, collaborating closely with Engineering, Architecture, and Platform Management teams as well as Technology Strategy leaders.
Passion for data, system, and infrastructure analysis is a must, as is deep knowledge of infrastructure challenges, security & privacy vulnerabilities, and cloud enablement.
This remote position is U.S.-based only (excluding U.S. territories).
What You’ll Do
Work with agile development teams to build and launch high quality products and services that solve customers’ problems
- Work with business initiative owners to translate the vision into requirements for the software or service
- Maintain an actionable and prioritized agile release train backlog comprised of product capabilities and features
- Collaborate with Software Architects to establish technical capabilities on which to build high-performing, secure, and extensible software
- Proactively communicate progress, decisions, impediments, and risks to stakeholders
- Collaborate across groups to understand business drivers, objectives, priorities, and product intent
- Act as Capability Owner in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment focusing on writing technology market problems and validating the impact
- Analyze complex problems independently, validating with both quantitative and qualitative research
- Stay current on infrastructure, security, cloud enablement, managed services, and other technology-driven initiatives
- Influence peers in product management and key stakeholders and find synergies to drive win-win outcomes for both technology and business stakeholders alike
- Exhibit a strong leadership role within team and while working on cross-functional initiatives
- Manage and own cross-functional programs execution in a matrix organization
As a member of the Content Product ART, you will drive key business and technology initiatives supporting the ingest, transformation, enrichment, and publishing of content. You will partner with Agile Product Owners to amplify the voice of the customer and product strategy for the development teams. You will partner with systems architects and technologists to keep apprised of trends and technologies utilized by the program.
- 5+ years working in Product Management, Product Owner, or Business Analyst capacity OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years working in a lean-agile software development environment, ideally using a lean-agile software development method, such as Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe.
- 2+ years’ experience gathering user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope using data-driven analysis.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals.
What sets you apart
- Ability to analyze and measure server health.
- Skilled at analyzing technical debt and risks, analyzing infrastructure problems, updating operating systems
- Experience creating roadmaps, sizing solutions, and writing business cases.
- Skilled at taking initiative, being self-motivated, taking detailed notes, and following up persistently.
- Ability to work across a large complex matrix organization, build strong relationships with key partners, and collaborate with different roles at different levels.
- Possesses analytical rigor to be able to problem solve, breakdown a complex issue /process and develop and execute on solutions.
Our Offer to You
Target Annual Compensation Range: $99,220 - $141,740.
The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors including your skills, qualifications, education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location.
EBSCO provides a generous benefits program including
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance and Flexible spending accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Mentoring program
- And much more! Check it out here: https://www.ebsco.com/about/benefits
We work hard to embrace diversity, equity and inclusion and encourage everyone at EBSCO to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We have a wide representation of employee resource groups. To learn more, visit https://www.ebsco.com/about/diversity-equity-inclusion
The EBSCO Way
At EBSCO, our culture is defined by ten guiding principles. We put our customers first, and we're always looking for ways to innovate and improve. We make decisions based on facts, communicate openly, and hold ourselves accountable for results. Trust, respect, and care for each other are essential to how we work. Every day, our actions and teamwork shape who we are as a company. To learn more about our culture, visit https://www.ebsco.com/about/culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.