Director of Technical Services
Edmentum is the leading provider of K-12 digital curriculum, assessments, and services to 43,000 schools in all 50 states and over 100 countries worldwide. We partner with educators to create instructional technology that is proven, easy-to-use, individualized, and aligned to state standards. Built on a 60-year history of innovation and impact, we believe that when educators succeed, students thrive, everywhere learning occurs.
Edmentum is committed to making it easier for educators to individualize learning for every student through simple technology, high-quality content, actionable data, and customer success. Founded in innovation, Edmentum’s powerful learning solutions blend technology with individual teaching approaches. We are dedicated to being educators' most trusted partner in creating successful student outcomes everywhere learning occurs. Our commitment is built off the emphasis we place on our core values: passion, people, respect, collaboration, and performance. We hire mission-driven individuals who are eager to apply their educational expertise in a fast-paced environment that delivers the tools that educators need to bridge the divide between implementation and outcomes. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Edmentum is for you.
As the Director of Technical Services, you will become an integral part of an exceptional team who is transforming the way we support educators and students. You will lead a team focused on simultaneously executing multiple projects and completing multiple technical integrations with significant scope. You will apply project management methodologies to your work, including work estimates, capacity planning, and risk management. You will develop documentation that translates complex concepts into easily understandable language for non-technical audiences. You will participate in cross-functional projects working with Sales, Customer Success, Product, Technology, and Operations. Frequent interaction with all levels of customers and corporate leadership requires the ability to function in highly political situations. Ideal candidates will be domain thinkers, success driven, highly organized, and process disciplined. Innovative and people-focused leaders will thrive in this environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Direct the daily operations of the Edmentum Technical Services team; hire, onboard, develop, and coach employees with the goal of ensuring superior customer service
• Establish job assignments to enhance employee performance, customer satisfaction, control costs, and conserve assets
• Develop technical readiness and acumen across Technical Services and Customer Support teams
• Oversee projects resulting in customers obtaining ground-up technical integrations
• Manage escalated customer issues, utilizing product and technical knowledge to determine the root cause of issues and outline mitigating actions
• Develop strong approach to business process engineering; conduct regular audits and analyze data to identify gaps and recommend process improvements.
• Build strategic cross-functional and cross-organizational partnerships to resolve problems, improve processes and achieve company goals
• Review and act on Technical Services customer satisfaction survey results
• Review technical support issues; provide customer feedback to Product and Technology
• Attend critical customer meetings and onsite ad hoc support requests
• Driving change management as processes, systems, tools, and technology evolves
• Motivate others by leading and influencing in a team environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Four-year undergraduate degree in technology or related field. Masters or advanced degree preferred.
• 10+ years related experience, including at least 5 years’ experience supervising/managing technical teams
• Strong leadership skills, including a history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in previous professional settings
• Familiarity with 1Edtech solutions
• Demonstrated achievements in planning, directing, and implementing complex projects on time, within budget and with desired functionality
• Advanced knowledge of customer service practices and technical support procedures
• Ability to work with customers and internal teams on a wide variety of technical and support issues
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues for a variety of audiences, de-escalate situations, and appease unhappy customers
• Ability to be broadly focused and manage multiple efforts concurrently
• Team oriented and able to build and maintain strong inter-team and inter-departmental relationships
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Strong judgment and problem-solving skills
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to travel up to 25%
Edmentum is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, vendors, and guests. Our organization will comply with all COVID-19 vaccination requirements at a site or facility that requires all employees and contractors who will be performing services. The CDC defines fully vaccinated as being two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 Vaccine or two weeks after the single dose of a one-dose vaccine.
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Edmentum’s notice regarding the collection of personal information from interested candidates is available here
Something looks off?