SEO Content Marketing Specialist
Edmentum is the leading provider of K-12 digital curriculum, assessments, and services to 43,000 schools in all 50 states and over 100 countries worldwide. We partner with educators to create instructional technology that is proven, easy-to-use, individualized, and aligned to state standards. Built on a 60-year history of innovation and impact, we believe that when educators succeed, students thrive, everywhere learning occurs.
Edmentum, a leading provider of K-12 digital curriculum, assessments, and services, is seeking an Search Content Marketing Specialist to help drive SEO content marketing performance and development across a variety of channels. This newly created position requires a candidate who can craft high-quality Search Engine Optimization (SEO) content focused on driving organic search traffic. Deep SEO and analytics experience, including the ability to track and optimize organic search traffic, preferably in the education and/or K-12 fields, are a must in this position.
This is a unique opportunity to play a central role in shaping the brand and voice of one of the premier learning technology companies in the K-12 education market. We have a passionate community of employees, teachers, parents, and school leaders who interact with Edmentum across a variety of channels. We need a data-driven SEO content marketing specialist to develop engaging content that will increase organic search traffic to our owned channels.
As Edmentum is a hybrid work company, the role may be based anywhere in the USA, or in one of our offices (Bloomington, MN; Richardson, TX).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and publish brand-appropriate content across a variety of channels, including edmentum.com and the Edmentum blog (among others)
• Ensure alignment with brand tone and voice
• Research relevant topics and keywords to optimize existing and new content
• Review regular traffic and engagement reports across platforms (including .com, blog and social) to evaluate what types of content types or delivery channels generate the most engagement and provide recommendations
• Explore new content strategies and distribution channels, including testing opportunities, as part of the content marketing team
• Collaborate with other members of the Content Marketing team as well as the marketing department as a whole to translate and communicate performance metrics
• Partner with a variety of internal stakeholders, such as subject matter experts and colleagues across marketing, to recommend digital content strategies, best practices and approaches – including keyword inclusion/performance
• Support the analysis of results, identify trends, provide recommendations to refine processes as needed to achieve desired results
• Remain up to date on best practices in digital content marketing and SEO, including review and evaluation of search engine algorithms, as well as generative AI tools (such as ChatGPT and others)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study
• 3-5 years of marketing experience
• Experience and deep knowledge of Google analytics and SEO measurement
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present effectively
• Experience building A/B test campaigns, digital and conversion optimization
• Demonstrated flexibility, including ability to multi-task while remaining focused
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated with ability to thrive in a results-driven environment
• Experience using CMS platforms as well as Adobe Creative Suite or comparable content development tools
• Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
• Experience working in the education technology sector, especially K-12, is valuable
• Agency-side experience is preferred
Edmentum is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, vendors, and guests. Our organization will comply with all COVID-19 vaccination requirements at a site or facility that requires all employees and contractors who will be performing services. The CDC defines fully vaccinated as being two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 Vaccine or two weeks after the single dose of a one-dose vaccine.
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Edmentum’s notice regarding the collection of personal information from interested candidates is available here
Something looks off?