VP Advocacy & External Affairs
WHO WE ARE
Edmentum is a dynamic educator and student-focused company dedicated to tech-enabled learning solutions. Our goal is to ensure that all students have access to flexible learning environments and educators have the tools they need to support their students. We are on a mission to create innovative, proven learning technology, partnering with educators to ignite student potential. We are a Remote First organization with a strong commitment to excellence, innovation, and customer satisfaction.
WHAT IS THE POSITION
As a crucial leadership role within our sales organization, the VP, of Advocacy & External Affairs will be responsible for driving revenue growth through the strategic development and execution of overlay sales initiatives. This role requires a proven track record in collaborative sales leadership, a deep understanding of market trends, overlay (solutions engineering) sales strategy and process, and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives. This role is focused on fulfilling strategic overlay sales goals and objectives through the development of tactical business plans that include consistent execution of overlay sales activities, to meet or exceed the company’s overall targeted revenue goal. Additionally, this position works with a variety of Edmentum staff and advisory councils to understand complex state relationships, build relationships, and understand the specific policy needs of states through interactions that support the delivery and growth of Edmentum’s products and services in a manner that achieves desired outcomes.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Develop and execute a comprehensive overlay sales strategy aligned with overall company goals and objectives.
• Provide visionary leadership to the overlay sales team, inspiring a high-performance culture and ensuring the achievement of revenue targets.
• Collaborate with Chief Revenue Officer on market sales strategies to deploy most strategic resources to largest market opportunities
• Conduct thorough market analysis to identify opportunities and threats, staying abreast of industry trends and competitive landscape.
• Utilize market insights to inform strategic decision-making and adjust sales strategies accordingly.
• Develops and manages relations with various state entities including but not limited to: Governors’ Offices, State Legislatures, Jurisdictional Agencies, and State Boards of Education
• Serves as the lead on lobbyist strategies responsible for outreach and execution of the state strategy in key markets
• Responsible for planning, execution and attainment of state revenue goals targeting state budgets, local funding and legislative appropriations
• Owns the sales cycle from prospecting to closure of the contract
• Recruit, train, and manage a high-performing overlay sales & advocacy team
• Design, develop, and consistently manage solutions consultants capable of supporting full range of sales opportunities (all the way up to complex, enterprise-level deals)
• Foster a collaborative and innovative team culture, emphasizing continuous learning, scalable process management, and collaborative communications
• Lead and direct a team of contract government relations consultants. Drive execution and outcomes across state and district legislative strategies
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with highest value customers and/or prospects, understanding their needs and aligning overlay sales solutions to address those needs
• Ensure the team delivers exceptional customer experiences throughout the sales process
• Implement and refine sales processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness across multiple overlay channels (solutions engineers, strategic account directors, services consultants).
• Design and implement world class business process to ensure all overlay resources are deployed efficiently and effectively.
• Collaborate with other departments, such as marketing and product development, to ensure seamless integration of overlay sales initiatives
• Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of overlay sales efforts.
• Implement data-driven decision-making processes to track and analyze sales performance
WHAT IS REQUIRED
• Proven experience in a senior sales leadership role, with a focus on overlay sales strategies across solution engineering, enterprise sales professionals, and government relations.
• Strong understanding of market dynamics, customer needs, and industry trends.
• Exceptional leadership and team management skills, with a track record of building and motivating successful sales teams.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to translate strategy into actionable plans and initiatives.
• Results-oriented and driven to exceed revenue targets.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in education or business administration
o Or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
• Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible sales experience, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role that includes:
o State lobbying and engagement experience
o Sales experience including successful attainment of revenue generation goals
o Prior work with State Department of Education GR staff preferred
• Highly skilled in analyzing key market and sales trends and creating action plans to address market opportunities.
• Maintain working knowledge of industry, market, and competitive landscape
• Fosters a culture of inclusion and cross-functional collaboration
• Demonstrates integrity, ethics, and a commitment to Edmentum’s mission and values
WHY JOIN EDMENTUM
• Competitive compensation package and best in class Total Rewards offerings.
• Opportunity to lead and shape the revenue generation strategy of a dynamic company.
• Collaborative and inclusive Remote First work environment
• Company culture that values innovation, growth, and impact.
• Commitment to employee development and career advancement.
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Edmentum’s notice regarding the collection of personal information from interested candidates is available here