Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
We're a Texas-based EdTech company that loves making powerful and intuitive web-based software for K-12 educators so they can focus on spending more time with their students. Our software helps school districts analyze students' progress, plan lessons, and manage their day-to-day activities. We believe educators are heroes. Our purpose is to provide educators what they need to become superheroes. By bringing together assessment, curriculum, and professional growth for those closest to the student, educators can gain awareness, make thoughtful changes, and help students and educators thrive. Our supportive, family-like environment extends to the educators we work with, allowing us to collaborate effectively. We believe in creating a culture where everyone is learning, teaching, and growing.
Over the past year, Eduphoria’s team has grown steadily, and as the company continues to grow and evolve we are committed to continually providing the right solutions to our customers & users and sustain an environment where employees can learn, teach, and thrive. We want everyone on the team to continually improve themselves and have the tools they need to do their best work. Driven by company growth, we have an immediate need for a Support Engineer to join our team.
The Support Engineer will combine service and customer-facing communications (our customers are teachers and school district leaders! Truly the best!) with the technical acumen to build, maintain, and support critical features like assessment importer tools, custom data projects, and technical systems including authentication and Single Sign On focused projects. The Support Engineer finds joy in knowing the projects and work produced directly impacts district productivity toward key goals. This individual will also be a key player in escalating priority issues for optimal response and resolution, and supporting all types of applications and processes (both customer-facing and internal) consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value. Although much of the Support Engineer’s work happens behind the scenes, this role will have some interaction with district leaders when scoping or communicating about custom projects. The Support Engineer reports to the Support Manager.
The Support Engineer is responsible for the following critical functions including:
- Direct support of priority issues reported to Eduphoria’s Customer Success Teams, and securing input from all necessary solution stakeholders within different areas of the business in order to design optimal solutions and ensure appropriate supports for long-term success.
- Planning in response to seasonal school district needs including creating/modifying tooling to evolve in tandem with local, state and national curriculum, instruction, and assessment systems.
- Scoping, designing and delivering Custom Data Requests and custom projects, and building tools, programs, or queries for districts to explore their data and make their data work for them.
- Support for current and future versions of Direct Database Access including building mySQL based queries to support districts with linking specialized data within Eduphoria to other systems.
- Efficiency projects to maximize the impact of our internal teams.
- Maintaining high customer satisfaction and relationships.
- Writes clean, well-organized, maintainable, and testable code, primarily in .NET (C#) and MySQL along with some ReactJS
- Creates, modifies, and maintains Unit and Integration tests for their code
- Develops DB queries and scripts that may be tested and deployed through proper workflows
- Provides insights, suggestions, and high-level technical estimates for internal tools & capabilities to better equip & empower Customer Success teammates
- Makes steady progress and provides regular updates on work-in-progress; knows when to ask for help in order to get themselves unblocked
- Able to own small-to-medium customer requests from technical design through completion
- Capable of prioritizing requests from one or more sources, including identifying and focusing on key details that impact the project and overall district success vs. trivial details that do not have large-scale impact to the project or customer success
- Actively collaborate with Customer Success team members, Engineers, QA, and product owners to escalate and/or resolve Customer technical issues and internal requests in a timely fashion.
- Exhibit solid organizational skills
- Focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Gives timely, helpful feedback to peers and managers
- Communicates assumptions and gets clarification on tasks up front to minimize the need for rework
- Communicate status effectively and clearly, in writing and verbally, to managers, peers, and customers
- Solicits feedback from others and is eager to find ways to improve
- Understands how their work fits in to the larger project and identifies problems with requirements
- Identifies and communicates risk in regard to request scope, design, and completion
- 2-6 years of experience in web development
- Some .NET background a must, both .NET Core & .NET Framework experience preferred
- Working knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- Have shipped an application
- Basic understanding of relational databases
- Good grasp of writing SQL queries joining records between tables to create complex views of data
- Back End
- Strong understanding of C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Great understanding of the .NET framework
- Understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Front End
- Experience with React and Redux
- Strong knowledge of developing responsive user interfaces
- Experience with functional programming patterns
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
Eduphoria! Offers You:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Medical & Dental Insurance: The company covers 100% of premiums for employee and their dependents
- HSA - Employer contributes monthly to cover employee's individual deductible
- Unlimited flexible PTO
- 11 Holidays, as well as 2 weeks at the end of the year to rest and recharge
- 401k with employer match, pre-tax / Roth options
- Work Remotely with no pressure
- Long-Term Disability
- $50,000 Life Insurance Policy for the employee
- Cell Phone Service Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Assortment of voluntary policies (Vision, MASA, Critical Illness, Accident, Supplemental Life Insurance, Pet insurance, and more)
- Reimbursement for business-related expenses
- Professional Development Opportunities with leadership support
- Friendly, collaborative, small company environment with a technically progressive culture/focus
Why work at Eduphoria? Our Employees say…
“It really is like a family here. You can talk to everybody at all levels, and they are open and very caring. Everybody is willing to share and contribute, and if any of us go through personal issues, everybody has been supportive. Work/Life balance here is second to none. We also listen to what our customer needs are and do our best to make it happen.” -- John, Sr Engineer“
[It’s an] exciting opportunity to make a difference in an unconventional tech space. In the front-end, we are using cutting-edge tools and process to deliver a great user and developer experience.” -- Victor, Staff Engineer
“If you're willing to learn, everyone is always openly willing to give you access to knowledge. Whether it be resources, something that they have learned from their experiences in various companies/positions, or assisting you in finding the information that you seek. This allows me to grow my skill set to not only better serve myself professionally, but to better serve my teammates that require something from ME to do their job. I love that all it takes is asking a question, and you can learn so much here. ” -- Ismael, QA Engineer
Eduphoria! is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex or gender, sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Please note, we can hire those who are eligible to work in the United States, but we are not able to sponsor visas.