Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Eduphoria! was started with the belief that educators are heroes. Our purpose is to provide educators what they need to become superheroes. By bringing together assessment, curriculum, and professional growth for those closest to the student, educators can gain awareness, make thoughtful changes, and help students and educators thrive.
Our supportive, family-like environment extends to the educators we work with, allowing us to collaborate effectively. We believe in creating a culture where everyone is learning, teaching, and growing.
We believe in creating an environment where everyone can learn, teach, and thrive. We want everyone on the team to continually improve themselves and also help others to improve.
We think developers should have all the hardware and tools they need to do their best work. We believe technology can be used to improve students' and teachers' lives.
We want developers who are self-motivated, take pride in crafting their code, and love collaborating with other developers.
The Software Engineer (.NET) role will be a highly motivated mid-level contributor who specializes in the back-end but is ultimately capable of contributing on the full-stack. The person we hire for this role will join Eduphoria’s efforts to support educators and students by delivering useful and performant product features on a routine & timely basis.
Over the past several years, our Product & Engineering organizations have grown steadily in headcount, and we are continuing to grow the department in order to keep providing the best solutions to our customers & users. The exceptional candidate will help teams meet our commitments with a combination of new feature development and improvement of legacy code, with a focus on factors like testability, maintainability, and reliability. This Engineer will report to one of our team’s Engineering Managers.
- Develops web application features & product improvements as part of a full-stack, cross-functional team leveraging C#, WebApi, .NET Framework and.NET Core.
- Collaborates with Engineers across teams through pair programming and/or code reviews.
- Ensures performant database operations in Amazon Aurora, leveraging both a classic DAL approach as well as through ORMs like Entity Framework
- Adds and maintains ample Unit/Integration test coverage for all new development, as well as increased Unit & Integration test coverage in legacy codebase
- Helps to develop & maintain automated UI and API Tests to ensure feature quality
- Helps improve application performance & maintainability, improving response times, observability, error-handling, readability etc.
- Helps resolve customer issues, exceptions, and other high priority defects
Required Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Proficient (2-5 yrs experience) with .NET Framework, C#, and WebApi
- Familiar with ORMs such as Entity Framework or NHibernate
- Familiar working with .NET Webforms
- Comfortable working with relational databases & deploying DB changes across multiple instances. MySQL expertise is a plus.
- Understands RESTful API best practices & conventions
- Familiar with creating and maintaining automated Unit Tests
Preferred Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Capable working with NoSQL databases
- Has experience working with .NET Core
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of common design patterns & SOLID principles
- Accustomed to frequent commits and deploys
- Proactive in reaching out to others with questions, concerns, or to seek help
- Familiar with ReactJS patterns & practices
- Has worked in an agile environment and understands basic agile practices and principles
- Experience working with UI and API testing frameworks
Eduphoria! Offers You:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Medical & Dental Insurance: The company covers 100% of premiums for employee and their dependents
- HSA - Employer contributes monthly to cover employee's individual deductible
- Unlimited flexible PTO
- 11 Holidays, as well as 2 weeks at the end of the year to rest and recharge
- 401k with employer match, pre-tax / Roth options
- Work Remotely with no pressure – Eduphoria! has professional offices to serve our employees in the Austin and Plano area, however 100% remote work is acceptable
- Long-Term Disability
- $50,000 Life Insurance Policy for the employee
- Cell Phone Service Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Assortment of voluntary policies (Vision, MASA, Critical Illness, Accident, Supplemental Life Insurance, Pet insurance, and more)
- Reimbursement for business-related expenses
- Professional Development Opportunities with leadership support
- Friendly, collaborative, small company environment with a technically progressive culture/focus
Why work at Eduphoria? Here’s what our Employees are saying…
“[It’s an] exciting opportunity to make a difference in an unconventional tech space. In the front-end, we are using cutting-edge tools and process to deliver a great user and developer experience.” -- Victor, Staff Engineer
“If you're willing to learn, everyone is always openly willing to give you access to knowledge. Whether it be resources, something that they have learned from their experiences in various companies/positions, or assisting you in finding the information that you seek. This allows me to grow my skill set to not only better serve myself professionally, but to better serve my teammates that require something from ME to do their job. I love that all it takes is asking a question, and you can learn so much here. ” -- Ismael, QA Engineer
“Two things I love about working at Eduphoria:
Our mission - We've always cared most about empowering teachers and affecting students' success
Our culture - I consider the people I work with my friends, not just coworkers. People come on board and stay. We find a balance between flexibility and getting stuff done.”-- Jeremy, Sr Engineer
“My 2 favorite things about working here have been the ability to learn/grow/experiment (and the support to do that) and the people here. And I do really love what we do, too. It's rewarding being a part of something that can positively affect so many educators and students. It's cool that I'll randomly meet teachers or educators in my personal life and they'll have good things to say about our software and our people.” -- Kevin, Software Engineer
“It really is like a family here.. You can talk to everybody at all levels, and they are open and very caring. Everybody is willing to share and contribute, and if any of us go through personal issues, everybody has been supportive. Work/Life balance here is second to none. We also listen to what our customer needs are, and do our best to make it happen.” -- John, Sr Engineer
Eduphoria! is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex or gender, sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Please note, we can hire those who are eligible to work in the United States, but we are not able to sponsor visas.
See more open positions at Eduphoria
Something looks off?