Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
We're a Texas-based company that loves making powerful and intuitive web-based software for K-12 educators so they can focus on spending more time with their students. Our software helps school districts analyze students' progress, plan lessons, and manage their day-to-day activities. We believe educators are heroes. Our purpose is to provide educators what they need to become superheroes. By bringing together assessment, curriculum, and professional growth for those closest to the student, educators can gain awareness, make thoughtful changes, and help students and educators thrive. Our supportive, family-like environment extends to the educators we work with, allowing us to collaborate effectively. We believe in creating a culture where everyone is learning, teaching, and growing.
Over the past year, the Eduphoria! team has grown steadily in headcount. As the company continues to grow and evolve, we are committed to providing the right solutions for our customers and users and sustaining an environment where employees can learn, teach, and thrive. We want everyone on the team to improve continually and have the tools they need to do their best work.
In response to company growth, we are seeking an Accountant to join our team. Eduphoria’s Accountant will be an integral part of the Business department to ensure a high level of performance, efficiency, and collaboration in achieving financial goals and objectives. The Accountant is also responsible for maintaining accurate financial records, analyzing financial data, and providing valuable insights to support informed decision-making and ensure regulatory compliance. The Accountant reports to the Financial Analyst and the Chief Operations Officer.
- Perform bank statement reconciliation to ensure accurate bookkeeping.
- Efficiently and accurately handle accounts payable bill entries, including potential payment processing
- Prepare amortization and reclassification journal entries as needed to maintain accurate financial records.
- Conduct credit card reconciliation and manage expense tracking to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Coordinate monthly reconciliation and reporting of partner sales and fees
- Oversee biannual rebate tracking and reconciliation of flagged sales, ensuring proper tracking and timely collection.
- Conduct monthly reconciliation activities of our purchasing cooperative fees and submit reports.
- Manage asset depreciation, including depreciation schedules and reporting.
- Prepare 1099 filings for contractor tax purposes in compliance with relevant regulations.
- 2+ years’ professional accounting experience
- Experience with both Excel and Google Sheets
- Willingness to embrace new technologies, tools, and methodologies to improve productivity
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to self-pace in a remote work environment, in coordination with monthly and annual accounting cycles
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- BA in Accounting or related field
- Experience with Netsuite and Expensify
- Familiarity with revenue accounting
- Experience with financial statements and reporting
Eduphoria! Offers You:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Medical & Dental Insurance: The company covers 100% of premiums for employee and their dependents
- HSA - Employer contributes monthly to cover employee's individual deductible
- Unlimited flexible PTO
- 11 Holidays, as well as 2 weeks at the end of the year to rest and recharge
- 401k with employer match, pre-tax / Roth options
- Work Remotely with no pressure
- Long-Term Disability
- $50,000 Life Insurance Policy for the employee
- Cell Phone Service Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Assortment of voluntary policies (Vision, MASA, Critical Illness, Accident, Supplemental Life Insurance, Pet insurance, and more)
- Reimbursement for business-related expenses
- Professional Development Opportunities with leadership support
- Friendly, collaborative, small company environment with a technically progressive culture/focus
Why work at Eduphoria? Our Employees say…
“It really is like a family here. You can talk to everybody at all levels, and they are open and very caring. Everybody is willing to share and contribute, and if any of us go through personal issues, everybody has been supportive. Work/Life balance here is second to none. We also listen to what our customer needs are and do our best to make it happen.” -- John, Sr Engineer
“Eduphoria provides great resources to learn and grow within your position. Everybody is open to new ideas and ways to increase productivity and truly work smarter and not harder. The laid back, work from home atmosphere provides the flexibility needed to create an optimum work life balance. We listen, adapt and grow as a team.” -- Sarah, Financial Systems Coordinator
Eduphoria! is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex or gender, sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Please note, we can hire those who are eligible to work in the United States, but we are not able to sponsor visas.
See more open positions at Eduphoria
Something looks off?