EF Education First
EF is the world’s leading educational travel provider with over 55 years of experience. With our International Summer Schools, we offer young learners the opportunity to spend 2 – 4 weeks in North America, improving their English language skills in a robust program while participating in a full-activity program of sports, discos, parties, excursions, and lots more!
About the role
In this role, you will assume overall responsibility for the smooth running of the residence and ensure a high level of customer service and student satisfaction.
Your key tasks will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Planning and managing arrivals and departures.
- Liaising closely with catering and residence suppliers.
- Allocating accommodation to students and EF staff and keeping accurate records of rooming allocations.
- Ensuring accommodation meets high standards of quality, cleanliness, and comfort.
- Calculating daily catering requirements and ensuring a consistently high quality of meals.
- Coordinating damage checks and collecting room deposits.
- Creating staff rotations for meal and night duties.
- Welfare and discipline.
- Responding to problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Enthusiastic, organized, and a natural leader.
- Strong communicator.
- Able to work independently and lead a team with little oversight from a manager.
- Decisive – able to act fast and make informed decisions in the moment.
- Passionate about customer service and quality.
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S (United States) or have a work permit.
$1,135 / per week (exempt) + room and board on campus.
What will you take away?
After a summer of working as an Accommodations Manager, you will leave having created truly amazing memories for your students and managed a team of international staff. You will expand your creative skills by enhancing activities, utilizing resources provided by EF, and by working with staff from around the world. Your communication skills will be maximized to ensure a smooth experience for everyone.
Tasked with being the main responsible for your activities staff; you will grow your leadership skills by assisting them guide their groups from the unfamiliar to the unforgettable.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://www.ef.com.