Assistant Academic Manager-Summer 2024
EF Education First
EF is the world’s leading educational travel provider with over 55 years of experience. With our International Summer Schools, we offer young learners the opportunity to spend 2 – 4 weeks in North America, improving their English language skills in a robust program while participating in a full-activity program of sports, discos, parties, excursions, and lots more!
About the role
In this role, you will assume overall responsibility for the Academic aspects of the Center, support the teaching staff and ensure a high level of customer service and student satisfaction, with support from the Sr. Academic Manager.
Your key tasks will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Setting up the school and physically ensuring all classrooms meet EF specifications and are maintained throughout the season.
- Coordinating timetables for all academic groups, completing intake schedules, and setting up classes using EF’s production system.
- Allocating teachers and classrooms to groups of students and playing a ‘hands-on’ role in allocating students into classes on the first days in school.
- Managing academic stock, including exam papers, certificates, and equipment, and making sure the teaching team has the required stock when they need to have it.
- Managing all teaching staff at your Centre and working with other Senior Staff to ensure full integration of teaching staff into the team.
- Delivering initial teacher briefing, daily and weekly meetings.
- Teacher observations, feedback, and development.
- Planning and implementation of graduations together with activities team
- Overall responsibility for evaluations delivery and collection
- Collating/reviewing academic paperwork, and inputting data into EF’s production system.
- Welfare and discipline within the classroom.
- Responding to problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- University degree or equivalent, preferred.
- TEFL certificate or equivalent, preferred.
- Minimum six months of teaching experience or one summer teaching for EF.
- Enthusiastic, organized, and a natural leader.
- Capable of using your own initiative.
- Have the right to live and work in the country of employment.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Attend a training weekend before your contract commences.
Salary range: $1,135 / per week (exempt) + room and board on campus.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://www.ef.com.