Activity Manager-Summer 2024
EF Education First
About the role
We are looking for a passionate leader for the role of Activities Manager for our EF International Summer School in Thornwood, NY this summer. In this role, you will manage the Activities department by leading from the front. Do you enjoy working with young people and putting the WOW into cultural and entertaining events? Then this might be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
As Activities Manager, you will be work with the summer management team to deliver an exceptional experience to our students. You have overall responsibility for the activity program in our school and be integral in shaping the customer experience. You will support a team of international leaders to plan and deliver the activities offered. There will be everything from small events for a single group of 30 students to large events of over 400.
You will help in planning & delivering safe and fun activities that will give the students a sense of the local culture while having fun with their new international friends. You will interact with staff and students from across the world daily. Every day is different, you may go from working on the activity plan and administration to running epic themed Murder Mysteries while dressed as your favorite film character!
Your key tasks will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Planning all aspects of the activities program offer for the school, including theme weeks, and large-scale events.
- Contracting suppliers, agreeing on service levels, and making all necessary bookings with them
- Promoting activities and excursions.
- Ensure all activity paperwork and admin is 100% completed for all students/groups.
- Manage staff of Activity Leaders and hold regular staff meetings, ensuring all leaders are clear on the activity plan.
- Responding to problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Be available to work nights and weekends at events, and to assist with emergency situations should they arise.
- Enthusiastic, organized, and a natural leader.
- Strong communicator.
- Able to work independently and lead a team with little oversight from a manager.
- Decisive – able to act fast and make informed decisions in the moment.
- Passionate about customer service and quality.
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S (United States) or have a work permit.
$1,135 / per week (exempt) + room & board on campus.
What will you take away?
After a summer of working as an Activities Manager, you will leave having created truly amazing memories for your students and managed a team of international staff. You will expand your creative skills by enhancing activities, utilizing resources provided by EF, and by working with staff from around the world. Your communication skills will be maximized to ensure a smooth experience for everyone.
Tasked with being the main responsible for your activities staff; you will grow your leadership skills by assisting them guide their groups from the unfamiliar to the unforgettable.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.