Summer Centre Manager
EF Education First
Are you bold, confident and charismatic? Do you dream of running your own business? Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and busy environment? If you tick all of the above, this might be the job for you!
We’re looking for an independent, organised natural leader to take on the role of Centre Manager for EF in Summer 2024. This is the perfect opportunity for somebody looking to gain management experience and boost their CV by working in an international environment.
What will I be doing?
- In this role, you’ll have a hand in all day-to-day operations of our summer sites including our schools, residences, activities & logistics, as well as supporting the summer staff in their work
- You’ll ensure we are delivering a high level of customer service and student satisfaction, supported by an experienced Operations team
What does my day-to-day look like?
As the Centre Manager for the Isle of Wight, no two days are ever the same. You will be responsible for the overall running of the destination and some of your duties will include the following:
- Day-to-day management of the EF school, including student welfare & discipline
- Onboarding new staff
- Running all staff meetings, summer management team meetings and keeping staff up to date with any schedule changes
- Running student arrivals and departures
- Responsible for summer payroll
- Creating staff rotas
- Ensuring quality standards are met across all Course Town venues
- Supplier communication
- Dealing with any emergencies across homestay and residence
- Supporting the Student Services team in collating and distributing student evaluations
Who will I be working with?
- You’ll be supporting a small summer management team consisting of activity & academic managers and coordinators
- You’ll also be working with our summer Activity Leaders and Teachers, taking care of staff welfare and light HR duties
What will you take away?
After a summer of working as an EF Centre Manager, you will enhance your management knowledge and experience by working with an international team. You will be a proven leader, adaptable and capable of solving various issues without hesitation while working under pressure. The international surroundings will fine tune your communication skills as well as organisational and planning skills.
What’s required of me?
To be successful in this role you need to be:
- A natural leader who is not afraid to make difficult decisions and work under pressure
- A team player who is conscious about a strong work ethic and culture
- Passionate! Passion is at the heart of the work we do and is one of EF’s core values
- A great communicator
As you will be moving around the island a fair amount, a driving license is desirable but not a must. In terms of mindset, every EF staff member should have a ‘going above and beyond, never settling for the status quo' mentality. If you think the same way and want to be the person who makes a difference for our students and staff.
Ready to take the next step?
Submit your application and we'll be in touch soon! Want to see what our summer in 2023 looked like? Check out our summer highlights video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czgmcaK2R-E
EF, which stands for Education First, operates a local language school on the Isle of Wight that is supported by an international team with a global presence of more than 52,000 members of staff in 116 countries.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.