Summer Student Services Coordinator
EF Education First
Summer Student Services Coordinator
Full Time/Fixed Term
Would you like to gain work experience within an international and multicultural environment? Do you enjoy spending time with young people from across the globe and providing world class customer service? If so, challenge yourself this summer as a Student Services Coordinator with EF Education First summer camps.
EF Education First’s mission is opening the world through education.
A career with EF combines the support and opportunity of a large international organisation, with the spirit and energy of a small business. We look for thinkers and doers – creative, collaborative, and motivated people who are excited by education, communication, and travel.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries. In the UK and Ireland, our core presence is felt at our international language campuses and summer schools, where we welcome students from around the world to participate in language learning and cultural exchange. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and encourage you to open the world through education.
EF is searching for empathetic, energetic and organised individuals to join our summer team as a Student Services Coordinator us this summer in Brighton. This is the perfect opportunity to develop your customer service skills whilst gaining experience within an international organisation.
As the student services coordinator, you will be the face of the EF school for both our students and our staff. You will be responsible for welcoming our students into the summer camp with a smile, by being approachable for their needs as well as creating a lively and exciting atmosphere for them to enjoy.
The student services have a link to all departments and as it is the core of the production of the EF school, as such, no day will be the same. This means you will be involved in a number of different areas including preparing and running arrivals, relaying activity information and delivering briefings to new staff. You will also be involved in the running of activities and events, as well as dealing with student discipline and welfare issues should they arise.
The role can be very rewarding as it involves working alongside all the departments as well as closely with the students. You will develop knowledge from each department and is, therefore, a great stepping-stone for future roles within the company. Dealing with student and staff queries daily, you will not only enhance your customer service skills but also your communication skills and your ability to problem-solve and react quickly to demanding tasks.
· Processes incoming bookings, modifications, cancellations in line with EF’s Golden Rules
· Liaises with sales offices and other departments regarding enrolments to ensure entry and visa requirements are met, and school/accommodation capacity is properly managed
· Checks for No Shows and follows up with sales offices to account for any students not arriving as expected. Liaises with visa compliance coordinator
· Covers reception duties on rotation with other staff
· Deals with general daily student enquiries
· Assists students wishing to make course changes, encouraging upgrades and extensions, liaising with sales offices to obtain pricing
· Arranges arrival transfers and liaises with airport reps and taxi companies
· Liaises with taxi company to problem solve, maintain & improve service
· Assists with direct sales enquiries showing prospective students around the school, providing quotations and ensuring enquiries are followed up
· Ensures reception area is kept clean, tidy & professional looking at all times
· Shares the emergency telephone rota with other staff
· Must be a team player that can lead from the front, be outgoing and have great attention to detail
· Previous experience in a customer service environment, ideally working with young people
· You should be passionate about customer service and providing quality
· Ability to work under pressure and in a high paced environment
· Legally able to work in the UK
· Fluent in English
· DBS check and two reference required
· In terms of mindset, we all have a ‘going above and beyond, never settling for the status quo' mentality. If you think the same way and want to be the person who makes a difference for our students and staff, then don’t hesitate and apply!
Why you will love EF Brighton
· Continuous professional development for all staff
· Work in a truly international environment
· Regular social events
· Ambition is nurtured and fast-tracked career enhancement opportunities are provided
· Staff are encouraged to innovate, take ownership of their ideas and bring them to fruition
· Global career opportunities
· Employee Assistance Program
· External trainings on safeguarding and mental health first aid
· Two minutes away from Brighton beach
· Free lunch on Friday
· Warm and friendly working environment
· Subsidised accommodation available if necessary
What do our staff say?
‘‘Able to meet and work with a large number of interesting people from different cultures’’
‘‘I worked with some amazing people at EF and made friends for life’’
“I really appreciated being given the responsibility of looking after students while they were in a different country far from home.”
‘’You are encouraged to take on as many challenges as possible, which helps you progress as a professional.’’
‘’Excellence in customer service - lovely staff and good training.’’
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.