Summer Activity Leader
EF Education First
What's the most fun you've ever had at work?
Was it leading groups of international students and first time travellers to and from various exciting activities, EF-led events and excursions all while getting stuck in and ensuring they'll never forget their summer trip to the Isle of Wight?
If you're interested in developing your skill set by working with like-minded, international people in a high-energy environment and showcasing all of the incredible attractions the island has to offer then please read on...
EF Isle of Wight is searching for Activity Leaders to join the EF Summer Dream Team in 2024!
What does my day-to-day look like?
- That’s the beauty of it: every day is different!
- While working at our summer sites, it's your responsibility to deliver a wide range of pre-planned and fun and free activities to your students, including adventures to London and Portsmouth, riding the summer waves while surfing or immersing yourself in an epic laser quest battle.
- The role also comes with its administrative responsibilities, such as taking attendance registers, basic cash handling and safeguarding & welfare duties.
What will I have gained after working with EF this summer?
- After a summer as an Activity Leader, you will leave us having created some of the best memories for not only yourself but also your students. You'll have an invaluable knowledge of world cultures and experience working in an international team!
- You will have explored different creative avenues by planning and delivering EF organised activities for your students
- You'll work with students who are travelling to a foreign country, so your communication skills have to be on point to ensure a smooth experience for everyone, and you'll grow your group management capabilities
- Tasked with being the leader for your activity group; you will grow your overall leadership skills by guiding your group from the unfamiliar to the unforgettable!
Who will I be working with?
- On the Island we deliver both activities and academics to our young travellers. Our team consists of Activity Leaders and Language Teachers supported by an experienced summer management team. We are a mix of both local and international staff with a lot of experience between us!
So, what's required of me?
- We need you to be enthusiastic, organised and a natural leader who’s not afraid to get stuck in to every task: whether it’s going home blue after a HoliFest powder paint party or helping students overcome their boundaries by trying new things
- You need to be responsible and flexible whilst remaining approachable and friendly
- Our students are always learning and all of our summer staff help to facilitate that, so we'd love for you to have the ability to create a positive learning environment
- We'd need you to have the right to live and work in the UK
- Complete fluency in English
Done something similar before?
Great! We're always open to new ideas and new ways to give our students the best possible experience and your work history can help us to achieve that.
Never done anything like this?
Don't worry, full training is provided before your contract begins and we'll ensure you have a smooth onboarding process with us. We have a huge number of resources for our summer staff that helps you grow into the role with ease!
Ready to take the next step?
Submit your application and we'll be in touch soon!
Who are EF and what do we do?
EF Education First’s mission is opening the world through education.
A career with EF combines the support and opportunity of a large international organisation, with the spirit and energy of a small business. We look for thinkers and doers – creative, collaborative, and motivated people who are excited by education, communication, and travel. When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries. In the UK and Ireland, our core presence is felt at our international language campuses and summer schools, where we welcome students from around the world to participate in language learning and cultural exchange. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about — we welcome you and encourage you to open the world through education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.