Senior Software Engineer
EF Education First
EF Tours helps students gain new perspectives and build skills for the future through experiential learning. As an accredited institution, we partner with educators across the world to create global education programs that blend classroom, digital, and experiential learning for students.
The Tours Digital Solutions team within EF Tours is a group of engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customer’s journey – from showcasing our tour offerings to creating personalized itineraries and collecting their feedback after the tour.
About the role
You will work across all of EF’s Tours products, helping provide educational travel opportunities worldwide for students and adults alike. The role is embedded in the Travel domain, which encompasses tour activities such as flight management. The Travel Operation engineering team supports internal stakeholders responsible for flight booking, order management, flight allocation, itinerary management and ticketing for the tours we produce.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders, leading and guiding the team to design and deliver innovative, high-value software solutions for complex business problems, aligning with the broader organization’s goals. Take a leadership role in project delivery, coordinating team efforts for successful execution.
- Lead the charge in modernizing our legacy systems into a service-oriented architecture, driving the technical vision and building complex, reusable systems that establish best practices.
- Work in a diverse tech environment using C#, Typescript, React, SQL, MongoDB, message brokers, and AWS services, and contribute to project delivery through a large team and complex stakeholder landscape.
- Serve as a mentor within our team of passionate engineers, fostering a culture of knowledge sharing, continuous learning, and quality, encouraging mutual mentorship, and tackling intricate system issues proactively.
- Be a cornerstone in our team, leading with selflessness and dedication to effecting transformative changes that significantly impact our teams and product development.
Who you are
- You deeply understand different programming paradigms (functional, object-oriented) and architectural styles (microservices, modular monoliths) and their trade-offs.
- You are a lifelong learner, eagerly venturing beyond your technical comfort zone to explore new technologies, always with an eye for the most pragmatic solution.
- You are a strong team player with exceptional communication skills, are passionate about collaboration, and are adept at articulating complex concepts to a diverse, cross-functional audience.
- You are empathetic and adept at understanding business contexts, effectively bridging the gap between technical and non-technical domains.
- You are enthusiastic about modernizing an ancient legacy system into a scalable architecture, applying Domain-Driven Design principles to simplify and effectively manage a complex business domain.
Why you will love EF Zurich:
- A modern office, 10-minute walk from Zurich HB
- A fun, international, and dynamic environment
- Reimbursement of the SBB “halb-tax” travel card, providing a 50% discount on public transportation throughout Switzerland
- In-office gym and studio classes
- Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, destinations, and hotel stays
- 15% off in-house childcare service (more info. available).
- Team building events, kick-offs, and holiday parties throughout the year
- Opportunities to travel internationally to broaden your cross-office relationships and to better understand our Educational Tours product.
- Discounts on EF programs
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education for all full-time staff
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://www.ef.com.